Symphony Med......Port Info/Shuttles/Logistics

Hoping cruisers could share port information. I understand that often shuttles are offered either just to reach the cruise terminal or to visit the center of a particular port city. Interested in La Spezia, Valencia, Palma de Mallorca, Marseille.

Although we plan to use a taxi in some of these ports just wanted to know what options are available. For example, I know I can walk to the ferry, bus or train in La Spezia but I am not sure if a shuttle is first required to exit the docking area........in past visits to Palma we had walked into town but not sure where the Symphony docks.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hoping cruisers could share port information. I understand that often shuttles are offered either just to reach the cruise terminal or to visit the center of a particular port city. Interested in La Spezia, Valencia, Palma de Mallorca, Marseille.

Although we plan to use a taxi in some of these ports just wanted to know what options are available. For example, I know I can walk to the ferry, bus or train in La Spezia but I am not sure if a shuttle is first required to exit the docking area........in past visits to Palma we had walked into town but not sure where the Symphony docks.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

They offer shuttles in all ports. They are free only if it is not allowed to walk in the port.

In Palma she docks on the outer mole at s new big terminal so walking is not an option. Shuttle is 8 Euro return trip.

Marseille was 18 Euro return (too much!) but if you walk about 5 minutes to the security gate there is a free shuttle to the city centre.

La Spezia provides a free shuttle to bring you to the port exit. Same in Civitavecchia.

Naples you can walk easily out of the terminal directly into the city center. Boats to Sorento, Capri or Ischia are closeby.

Valencia is not on the current itinerary.

Barcelona port bus is 4 Euro roundtrip.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums