Onboard Booking next cruise

Reenie75

You should receive an email with a Future Cruise ES Offer, soon after your cruise. The offer is good for two weeks. There is $50 OBC for booking, any length cruise; $100 OBC for suites. You should also find it under My Offers on Carnival website, when logged in. It is ES, with the terms and restrictions. Not seeing a Future Cruise agent onboard much lately.

You should receive an email with a Future Cruise ES Offer, soon after your cruise. The offer is good for two weeks. There is $50 OBC for booking, any length cruise; $100 OBC for suites. You should also find it under My Offers on Carnival website, when logged in. It is ES, with the terms and restrictions. Not seeing a Future Cruise agent onboard much lately.

Ty...Can you use it with a TA?

I have used a site that starts w "cheap". for my last 3 cruises..

they double my on board credits...and allow me to book for several hundred less at the time of booking than Carnival...To me.. a much better deal..look and see if its what works for you..:)

No OBC if not booked ES. Unless, occasionally, we have found some rates with bonus OBC. Not often, esp lately. Military rates with bonus OBC, were most recent.

Thanks for your answer. I supposed that was the case but didn't know for sure.

Booking on board used to be a pretty good deal, especially if you already knew what you wanted. It doesn't tempt me anymore.

I booked another cruise while on board. You keep the OBC. I don’t think you have to book early saver because some people book a fake cruise then wait until they arrive home and then change the date and keep the obc when they book as past guest while on board.

Unless rules have changed of course. There are threads about this.

It doesn’t matter how many times you price match, the obc follows you.

I booked another cruise while on board. You keep the OBC. I don’t think you have to book early saver because some people book a fake cruise then wait until they arrive home and then change the date and keep the obc when they book as past guest while on board.

Be very careful depending upon current promotion you can lose the obc.

Are you saying that you were able to book while onboard, recently, a Past Guest rate and then received OBC with the booking? It has been over a year since this has been available. This is how we used to do all our bookings, before Carnival tied OBC to ES only, with its restrictions.

May I add an additional question about onboard booking? If you book another cruise while onboard, can you transfer your booking to your agent back home if you want to? We've done this in the past on another cruise line. One of the reasons I ask about this is because we were able to keep the OBC from the cruiseline and received additional OBC from our TA's company.

Are you saying that you were able to book while onboard, recently, a Past Guest rate and then received OBC with the booking? It has been over a year since this has been available. This is how we used to do all our bookings, before Carnival tied OBC to ES only, with its restrictions.

Not me. That's the way some people have talked about doing it. I always book early saver. I always know my schedule and booking a cruise is not a movable thing.

Do they not give OBC anymore for that? I can't see stopping at the future cruise desk and booking a future cruise and not getting some discount or OBC. I wouldn't want to take time out of my vacation to do that when I can wait to get home & call my PVP.

I've gotten OBC and have price-matched before & kept the OBC. Maybe it was a fluke or something.

Not me. That's the way some people have talked about doing it. I always book early saver. I always know my schedule and booking a cruise is not a movable thing.

Do they not give OBC anymore for that? I can't see stopping at the future cruise desk and booking a future cruise and not getting some discount or OBC. I wouldn't want to take time out of my vacation to do that when I can wait to get home & call my PVP.

I've gotten OBC and have price-matched before & kept the OBC. Maybe it was a fluke or something.

Future cruise desk is gone

May I add an additional question about onboard booking? If you book another cruise while onboard, can you transfer your booking to your agent back home if you want to? We've done this in the past on another cruise line. One of the reasons I ask about this is because we were able to keep the OBC from the cruiseline and received additional OBC from our TA's company.

Yes you can. We recently did this and received OBC for for booking within 2 weeks plus TA's OBC. Only difference is that we waited until we were back home to book. Carnival has made it extremely difficult to book onboard by having very limited hours (usually during dinner time) where that Shore Excursion desk is open to take bookings. We tried to use the computers on the ship to book a cruise, and after more than an hour of trying, and having the computer keep hanging up, we gave up. Best to book with your TA within 2 weeks of getting back home and not waste your time onboard.

Yes you can. We recently did this and received OBC for for booking within 2 weeks plus TA's OBC. Only difference is that we waited until we were back home to book. Carnival has made it extremely difficult to book onboard by having very limited hours (usually during dinner time) where that Shore Excursion desk is open to take bookings. We tried to use the computers on the ship to book a cruise, and after more than an hour of trying, and having the computer keep hanging up, we gave up. Best to book with your TA within 2 weeks of getting back home and not waste your time onboard.

Thanks for that advice. It sounds like there's no financial incentive to book while on board and it can potentially be a time waster.