Flight from Orlando

I'd be very nervous with flights before 11am. However, if everything goes perfectly, you are first in the self-assist line, you have a private transfer service, you could be at the airport as early as 8am.

IF everything goes right? Out of Fort Lauderdale, which is 10 minutes from port, there would usually be no problem pushing it (easily made a 10:35 with time for coffee). But out of Orlando? The port is a minimum of 45 minutes drive...if there are no issues. When we cruised out of Port Canaveral in October, there was an accident that prevented a lot of the transportation from getting to the port. People for the next cruise were sipping their first drinks before our transportation arrived, and we were not alone. Luckily we had a day room at the hotel inside the airport and we were in no hurry to catch our 7:35pm flight. Others were not so lucky.

Agree that drive from port to airport is at least an hour. Oasis debark and thru customs can take as much as 45 minutes, less if you have Global Entry, even if you use a porter only line. So flight time depends on how much you are an optimist that assumes all will go perfectly☺ For the least stress I'd book a midafternoon, or fly out the next day. I fly out of Orlando often and hate to see the post cruise folks running thru the terminal, have to clear TSA, then a train to gates, and another long run to the gate.

TSA out of Orlando can be bad. Not only are there cruise ship passengers, but there’s also families visiting Disney and Universal.

When we cruised out of Port Canaveral last fall, our travel agent advisedly us against booking a flight before 1.

TSA out of Orlando can be bad. Not only are there cruise ship passengers, but there’s also families visiting Disney and Universal.

When we cruised out of Port Canaveral last fall, our travel agent advisedly us against booking a flight before 1.

PS. Are you a Xavier fan?

I returned to Port Canaveral on Majesty the Friday after Easter. My flight out of Orlando was just after 1 pm. I was on the first Royal Caribbean transfer out of the cruise port, the first group to disembark that was not self assist. I got to the airport about 10 a.m. Check in and security were not too bad, but you never know. I had a long wait at the gate, but I would rather wait than rush.

Vicki

Just off the Oasis Sunday and I was standing in the terminal by 9:15 and we used their transfers and were in group 12 disembarking. That said so many factors can affect not only the ship’s arrival time but the ability to clear customs quickly, it’s totally up to you if you want to roll the dice.