Geiranger for group of 6

Opie

We are cruising into Geiranger in mid-June, and will be there from 12:00-18:00. Our party includes two seniors (70s), two adults (40s) and two kids (8-14). Do you recommend (a) bus tour; (b) boat tour; © both? If bus, do we do Dalsnibba or pay more for Dalsnibba and Eaglebend?

We are cruising into Geiranger in mid-June, and will be there from 12:00-18:00. Our party includes two seniors (70s), two adults (40s) and two kids (8-14). Do you recommend (a) bus tour; (b) boat tour; © both? If bus, do we do Dalsnibba or pay more for Dalsnibba and Eaglebend?

We are also cruising into Geiranger in mid-June - first time. We are doing the bus that will go to both Dalsnibba and Eaglebend. Through my research, I have read that sometimes the cloud cover is deep in Dalsnibba offering no view. Eaglebend is lower and therefore, you have much more of a chance of a view. Being we will cruise into and out of Geiranger, I feel unless it's important to be able to see everything up close this was not as necessary.

Bus ride vs boat ride...is a matter of personal choice - I think both would be fantastic.

Here's wishing us both bright and sunny days!

Since your ship will sail into and from Geiranger through the fjord with good views during that I think it is hardly more interesting to make a boattour. We prebooked and made this bustour by a small bus with 3 stops at awesome viewpoints and found it a very good value. https://www.geirangerfjord.no/panorama-exclusive-bus

Have you considered renting the little electric cars? That is our plan for that port. Great reviews on TripAdvisor and your kids will think them fun too!
Can I just note that some of the roads in Geiranger (and all over Norway) are very windy. Some of the roads are very narrow, and the larger car appears to have the right of way, with the smaller car needing to back up if both wind up on the same road at the same time. We nearly saw one of those electric cars go over the side of a bridge, when it wound up on the bridge with a larger vehicle in the opposite direction and struggled to reverse (there was very little leeway, which is why two vehicles couldn't pass each other on the road). If you are an excellent driver on roads you don't know and in a car you aren't familiar with, this might be a good option but please note that it is a little challenging driving in Norway.

I also traveled with a similar group last summer (my parents and my kids ages 9, 11, 14.) We really enjoyed the boat cruise, the information you listened to was good and being up closer and lower was also interesting. We had planned on getting off to do the mountain farm climb, but we were discouraged from trying it because of the iffy weather. Instead we walked around town, up past the waterfall and around some farms. The electric cars looked like fun but were too expensive for us.