RCCL Visa- onboard charges

We have OBC credits coming from RCCL Visa that will not appear yet. If we make discount bookings for items RCCL is sending in email at a discount, will those charges later be subtracted from that increased OBC that will show up later from my RCCL Visa? We did not set up our onboard spending account to that same RCCL Visa account but I could likely change that if needed.

Not sure that Visa OBC shows up pre- cruise, in our experience- only OBC directly from Royal can be used for pre- purchased items.

As Bob says purchases are charged immediately- you can charge to your Royal CC for points. Any left over Visa credit should be cashed out.

Not sure that Visa OBC shows up pre- cruise, in our experience- only OBC directly from Royal can be used for pre- purchased items. ... .

Visa points OBC does show up in the Cruise Planner, but not immediately after redemption.

Visa points OBC does show up in the Cruise Planner, but not immediately after redemption.

That hasn’t been my experience, including for my upcoming cruise. How long before cruise,and after redeeming points?

That hasn’t been my experience, including for my upcoming cruise. How long before cruise,and after redeeming points?

They apply the OBC in order of sailing date, so the time varies. Depends on their backlog.

They apply the OBC in order of sailing date, so the time varies. Depends on their backlog.

Thanks _ won’t hold my breath. They are cutting it close for my next cruise and it hasn’t appeared previously to my knowledge. Rarely use it in advance anyway but it certainly isn’t there for this one, and I have been using some of the Royal OBC this time

I am missing OBC. I don't see it but when I called in yesterday, they could see it. It might just be a byproduct of a website is a work in progress.

I'd ask them for a copy of your booking invoice (which should show the OBC), so at least you have something in writing to take onboard.

• 1 month later...
I'd ask them for a copy of your booking invoice (which should show the OBC), so at least you have something in writing to take onboard.

Where on the cruise planner will I see the OBC from visa?

Not online. You need to call and request a Guest Copy of your booking confirmation. This is a PDF file they will email to you.

On my last cruise, if you go to purchase something, it would show as available credit and would ask if you would like to use it. For that cruise it showed up 90 days prior to the cruise and roughly 5 weeks after I redeemed my points.

We just got $100 OBC from my wife's RC Visa. It shows up on the top of the menu bar on your Cruise Planner screen. Statement closed on Monday, requested OBC on Tuesday, and it showed up on Wednesday on Cruise Planner.

rc.png.5765c2da8267d9365795f4ea7cc63d84.png

We just got $100 OBC from my wife's RC Visa. It shows up on the top of the menu bar on your Cruise Planner screen. Statement closed on Monday, requested OBC on Tuesday, and it showed up on Wednesday on Cruise Planner.

How far out is your sailing and what ship? I redeemed my Visa points in March and in April for our upcoming 6/17/18 sailing on the Symphony and neither of them has hit my cruise planner yet. Our travel companions called RCI asking when theirs would be applied and RCI told them a week or two before sailing. When we did the Anthem last summer my Visa points OBC was applied to the cruise planner within a week of redeeming the points and it was about 2 months prior to sail date.

Frustrating as we want to make some pre-cruise purchases since there are sales going on.

How far out is your sailing and what ship? I redeemed my Visa points in March and in April for our upcoming 6/17/18 sailing on the Symphony and neither of them has hit my cruise planner yet. Our travel companions called RCI asking when theirs would be applied and RCI told them a week or two before sailing. When we did the Anthem last summer my Visa points OBC was applied to the cruise planner within a week of redeeming the points and it was about 2 months prior to sail date.

Frustrating as we want to make some pre-cruise purchases since there are sales going on.

My 6/17/18 OBC hasn't posted yet either, and I redeemed them in November. (Not that this helps, but at least to let you know it's not just you.)