Bag to carry food plates with lids?

Are there any nutrient-rich liquid supplements she could bring, so that she's assured of getting the calories/nutrients she needs? I'm sure, once you're ON the ship, you will fall into a routine for meals, but just in case....

Was thinking the same thing.

Something along the lines of Ensure or ??

There are several to fit many/most food allergies as well. Should be something that could substitute for a meal if necessary.....

Can't believe that special needs couldn't accommodate:confused:.

Wishing you all the best of luck!

You may try Amazon for an insulated cake or pie carrier. They are round, collapsible, and sturdier but not sure how many plates you could fit.

Tupperware used to have a container that held 3 or 4 pie plate racks that fit inside. Meant to keep pies from being crushed. Might be out of stock but local notice board or a Tupperware dealer might be able to locate one for you.

There's something on Amazon called the Panhandler that would probably fit in a basket on a scooter. If you scroll down you can see other sizes and shapes of casserole bags and such. I am a big instant pot fan and your post made me think of the stackable pan inserts that you can use in the instant pot. I guess they can't take that back into the kitchen and just place the food in one of those due to hygiene reasons though.

The Windjammer has a much bigger selection of foods than the dining rooms. You are more likely to find something that appeals IMO and take your time eating there.... Also do you use protein powders sprinkled on foods or in milk shakes?

I would just put the food into a ziplock bag. I'm sure the waiters in the MDR or even the one of the supervisors in the WJ would do it, if asked. I've seen well able people putting cut up fruit and pastries into bags in the WJ all the time to take back to their cabin. Carrying plates would be a waste of time, they will not fit in the fridge, not even the small salad plates. There is a nice fruit platter and whole fruit that can be ordered from room service in the morning for free

There's no reason to go to the expense, plus taking up luggage space with bags and plastic containers. We don't have any special dietary need, but I purchase 3-gal zip locks from the Dollar Store. A plate will slide right into it, zip it and then you can carry it to the room, put it in the special fridge being provided and it's safe from germs, and will stay fresh until you need it. I take all sizes of zip locks. I've put crackers in one because they don't need to go in the fridge, cheese in another (for the fridge) etc. The same can be done with the plate of food from the MDR, windjammer, cafes, etc. I do it because I like to have a snack on the balcony with a bottle of wine. I did it in the past with my Grandson so he had snacks and we didn't have to constantly run to the WJ for them. The added benefit is that traveling through the ship, or riding in the elevator, people aren't breathing on the plate of food. Keeps everything nice and germ free, fresh and separated in the fridge and it's easy for you to see what you have in a glance. It's economical, doesn't take up luggage space, and it works like a charm.

There's no reason to go to the expense, plus taking up luggage space with bags and plastic containers. We don't have any special dietary need, but I purchase 3-gal zip locks from the Dollar Store. A plate will slide right into it, zip it and then you can carry it to the room, put it in the special fridge being provided and it's safe from germs, and will stay fresh until you need it. I take all sizes of zip locks. I've put crackers in one because they don't need to go in the fridge, cheese in another (for the fridge) etc. The same can be done with the plate of food from the MDR, windjammer, cafes, etc. I do it because I like to have a snack on the balcony with a bottle of wine. I did it in the past with my Grandson so he had snacks and we didn't have to constantly run to the WJ for them. The added benefit is that traveling through the ship, or riding in the elevator, people aren't breathing on the plate of food. Keeps everything nice and germ free, fresh and separated in the fridge and it's easy for you to see what you have in a glance. It's economical, doesn't take up luggage space, and it works like a charm.

I've never had a special needs fridge, so I don't know how deep they are, but I know a plate will not fit in the fridge in the cabin.

She can drink almost nothing. All liquid supplements come back up. Gets fluid through port but if drinks, cannot eat at all. Since only can eat limited food, eats only the best proteins and vegetables and some fruit and very healthy fats, no carbs, no sugar. Has to reserve space for food and supplement pills. Lyme disease led to gastroparesis and intestinal issues which led to multiple surgeries which did a number on her. Manage fine at home but cannot go to store on a cruise ship but a cruise is easier than a land trip. She is my hero and glad she s still with me.

You sir melt my heart. If when I’m older my husband is just like you, I will be 100% happy with my life. [emoji171]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums