celebrity solo discount

bones774

Hi, Never sailed Celebrity and would like to try. I'm in NY and would sail from there (or Bayonne) and i'm ready anytime. Done a bunch of NCL and often get very good rates for a single(not a solo cabin) w/o any supplement added in the off season. Can anyone tell me if Celebrity does that too? thanks

I've sailed several times as a solo. I have mostly cruised in the caribbean. My cabin price ranges from 150% to 200%. There are the usual caveats of popular cruise route vs. unpopular, off season vs peak, how full the ship is when i book it. I would say it is not the most friendly policy but at least now I get double credit for my Captain's club points. If I want to go then i pay. I just book early, look for discounts and check close to full payment date to see if I can get an upgrade, money back, etc. Celebrity is my favorite line. I hope this helps some.

I haven't seen a 150% single supplement on Celebrity for a long time. Yes, the 200% price hurts, but you get your own cabin all to yourself and double cruise points. We just discovered a sailing in a yacht club suite on MSN which has NO single supplement. Jumped on that one. If they keep that up, may have to switch cruiselines for Caribbean cruises. Don't care about the ports any more, been there, done that. My sky suite this fall on Celebrity is costing me almost $8,000. Crazy madness.

Not necessarily. In your example if there is a discounted rate of $800 for two people the single pays $800, not $1400.

that is incorrect. I just checked it out with one of the online cruise search engines, it's the reason i'm asking the question to begin with.

Try the same thing direct with Celebrity.

You might be seeing a special deal offered by that travel agency for double occupancy bookings. Travel agencies have some leeway in offering deals when they have group bookings.

What might be happening is that they made a group arrangement for so many single rooms and so many doubles. If the single ones are all sold out then new single bookings might be priced at a different rate than the remaining doubles.

The way to get the answer to your questions is to ask them to the agency where you saw those prices.

Hello,

Celebrity charges whatever a couple would be charged less one set of housekeeping and port fees - UNLESS bookings are slow and they are keen to get bookings.

Do not believe what Celebrity's on-line booking system tells you if you input a single passenger. This is because as soon as it sees '1' passenger it will multiply the first passenger price by 2 regardless of what the current pricing/offer happens to be. Book direct with a living person or use a TA.

Sadly Celebrity's Captains Club does not offer the same 50% single supplement that RCI's C&A club does once you have achieved a certain number of points. Having said that, I had to explain to someone in 'Loyalty', line-by-line, how to work out what the cost to me would be taking into account cruise cost, fees and suite/balcony discount. It was painful.

Regards,

Cublet

that is incorrect. I just checked it out with one of the online cruise search engines, it's the reason i'm asking the question to begin with.

I just did a mock reservation for a solo on Celebrity and it was $429 per person and for me, as a solo IF I chose a Guaranty cabin it would be $858. That is $429 x 2. ALL before gratuities and taxes & port fees.

IF I chose my cabin it was $878 ($439 x 2). So a small upcharge to choose your own cabin.

Deck 7 (on the sample cruise I looked at) was even more money. $918 total for deck 7. So $40 upcharge for higher deck, mid ship.

I just did a test solo booking and it was $718 whereas a double is 2x $299=$598. So $120 more for a solo. Maybe as suggested above if I were to talk with someone at Celebrity I MIGHT get an adjusted price.