Bliss - Live 4/21

TheDougOut

Doug, haven't said much, but have been reading along since Day #1......WOW....I want to Thank You before you disembark tmrw for one of the BEST "Live" reviews ever! You were not only informative but hilarious....I lived vicariously through you and Sue. THANK YOU for taking so much time to deliver a #1 top notch review.....it was certainly very appreciated by us ALL, I am certain. Safe travels home......

P.S. And now we know all the 'tricks' and 'tips' for when we board the Bliss for the Pacific Coastal in September!!! ;)

Just want to add a few more stupid questions.

1. How many fish are there on the carpet from your room to

the elevators?

2. Which shrimp was colder on your plate, the one on the right

or the one on the left?

3. What color eyes did the whale you encountered have?

4. When was Sue's purse made?

Great review, but some people ask the stupidest questions I've ever heard. Enjoy the rest of your cruise!

Doug when is your next cruise?

We’re doing the Baltic run on the Breakaway in July. Considering it’s a birthday cruise for my dad and we’ll have the whole family going, I won’t be doing much of anything “live”.

Just want to add a few more stupid questions.

1. How many fish are there on the carpet from your room to

the elevators?

2. Which shrimp was colder on your plate, the one on the right

or the one on the left?

3. What color eyes did the whale you encountered have?

4. When was Sue's purse made?

Great review, but some people ask the stupidest questions I've ever heard. Enjoy the rest of your cruise!

Not only stupid questions (repeatedly in some cases) but questions that would actually involve them having to go out of their way to get the answers to. Which I think they graciously did a couple of times... but I almost feel like some of the folks inquiring almost somehow felt they were "owed" answers to their questions. /rant over

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

We’re doing the Baltic run on the Breakaway in July. Considering it’s a birthday cruise for my dad and we’ll have the whole family going, I won’t be doing much of anything “live”.

I am going on that cruise in June please let me know if any info you need while I'm on it.

Have been following along, and have thoroughly enjoyed reading this. So much so that I had to book the Encore TA. We're on the Bliss in June for the Alaska run, and this thread has been great fun and wonderful way to "pre-game".

I hope Dave & Stacy still invited you to the Haven, even after Sue's transgression with the country music thing. We met them in Feb on the Jade and they were great. Saw Dave's shirt for the pub crawl - ask him where he got it. It's classic.

Enjoy your last day onboard!

Doug, between all the pics & stories You've set me up to have a great start on my first NCL cruise leaving on the Bliss next Thursday (PC run). Thanks for all the updates.

Can't wait to give Heidi a try..... (lol)

Enjoy your last day on board, and please leave us a little beer.

Ted

I have loved reading about this cruise because I'm thinking of possibly trying the Encore TA. When I did a mock booking to look for Airfare I nearly fell off my chair. What I have found so far for one-way to London is just as much as the cruise itself.

I know you left from NY but we would be leaving from Boston. What is the best priced airline to use?

I have loved reading about this cruise because I'm thinking of possibly trying the Encore TA. When I did a mock booking to look for Airfare I nearly fell off my chair. What I have found so far for one-way to London is just as much as the cruise itself.

I know you left from NY but we would be leaving from Boston. What is the best priced airline to use?

We used a combination of points and $ to fly Virgin Atlantic premium economy. Quite a few people flew Norwegian Air premium economy and were quite impressed.

There are deals out there. Scott flew from Nebraska for under $300.

Look into Norwegian Air it’s who I flew when I did a TA last fall was pretty reasonable. That’s who I’ll probably fly for the Encore TA unless I find s cheaper flight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We just finished grabbing some videos of the Waterfront and upper deck areas.

I saw one of the scales for the waterslides and couldn’t resist. Oh my!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Being on a cruise is being in the "Eating Olympics"....you need to gain at least a pound a day, to qualify....:D

Try booking a round trip ticket. I did it on British Airways (through American Airlines) for less than a third of what it would cost for a one way ticket (from Boston)!

I did a mock booking also and had the same reaction. For some reason, booking air tickets 18 months out is ridiculously expensive. I then tried using this November to see if booking 6 months out was a better reference and the prices were much better starting under $300.

Thank you Doug and Sue for another great live review.

When is the Encore T/A y'all are speaking of? I assume her maiden voyage to America? ...I am going to try and talk the better half into it. I think she'll be game. This looks like it has been a blast....I know others have said it, but GREAT REVIEW.....

Safe Travels to all.

While up on deck, two fighter jets performed a fly-by and then rocketed straight up. Wow! Amazing sight and sound.

Wow, that must have been exciting.

Thank you Doug and Sue for the entertainment for the past couple of weeks. It has been so much fun. Are you planning any walkabouts tonight?

Full disclosure... a lot of posting over the past 11 days has been suspended repeatedly from in-person encounters. Sue and I have been pulled aside by roll call members around nearly every turn.

Returning from the room location tonight is no exception.

Iceberg (maybe?) shots at atrium bar.

b15bed8858bb757bb7e228f3b80ef121.jpg

But it’s all-good. These last few nights have been spent trying to convince everyone for an Encore in Nov 2019.

I am a whimpy drinker and only like "girly" drinks that hide the alcohol taste. ;p These shots in this photo look identical to shots we had on a Breakaway cruise where a bartender introduced us to Licor 43 and shots called mini beers. I actually liked them! The Licor 43 was only found at one bar on the BA. Do you know if those in the photos had the Licor 43 in them? The topping was a vanilla tasting cream. Cheers! :D

Do you live in Europe or am I jumping off a ship tonight?

That is hilarious..... Awesome review no everyone see why the big ships are the best so much stuff to do.

A TA would be great never did one I want to now.

I did a mock booking also and had the same reaction. For some reason, booking air tickets 18 months out is ridiculously expensive.

I'd like to know which airline(s) you're looking into that even allow you to look beyond next March 2019 for airfares. Most airlines don't allow you to book 18 months out.