Help me get off the boat early!

MegPieCruiser

Twenty years from now what do you think your children will remember most. The fun and fantastic time they had on the cruise, or being a couple hours late to school one day. My guess is the late to school part will be forgotten. Relax, it will work however it works. If you are stressing your children will be stressing.

Oh, they will remember being a couple of hours late getting to school ... IF getting to school means utter misery. Up at 5:30 a.m., racing to get breakfast, having parents that are stressed and bickering over luggage they have to drag off the ship, ALL going through customs and parents hopping from one foot to the other looking at their watch and then ... getting a NYC cab to Queens. Boy ... what a lovely way to end a fun cruise.

My oldest is going into 9th grade this year so I’ve seen my fair share of first days of school, and they tend to be wasted days for the most part. Being an hour or two late is not going to ruin their entire year, and honestly I doubt you’re the only parent at the school who booked a vacation based on what they thought the schedule would be before it came out. You won’t be the only ones doing the walk of shame!

Unfortunately, this is the only week that works, not to mention the week before is insanely more expensive so I guess we'll just have to make the best of it and be a bit late on their first day--I'm just curious as to HOW late we'll be...like what is absolute earliest I will likely be able to actually walk off the boat....:)

Ok so let me see if I understand this. You say the first day of school is very important. But you have a cruise that will cause issues with getting to school the first day. The ship will dock with thousands of people who all want off and most will not care about your issues. Also higher class cabins and cruise line program holders seem to be allowed off fist, plus any delays that could happen. The last cruise I took was 2 1/2 hours late getting to port.

So you have a few choices.

Skip the first day or be late for school.... . Also understand the added stress of coming off a ship straight to class.

Change the cruise to another ship and or dates..... but you say to costly....

Or stop worrying about it enjoy the cruse and do the best you can.... Which may include nicely asking guest services to put you in the first group off.

So really nothing you can do but try to be off the ship early and make the best of it. Understand many people flying early flights and lines also let them off first so you could have a very long wait.