Citizenship Docs - Online Check-In vs. At the Port

BrentD

Never realized that you can’t check in online less than 3 days before embarkation, so when I noticed last night, I had to get it done right then since it was an hour before midnight.

Used my passport for myself, but had no idea where my wife’s is stashed, and she was asleep. Since they require you input the passport number at online check in (why, when they have to see it at port anyway?) and my wife was already sound asleep, I chose birth certificate for her since it’s the only one that didn’t require numbers.

Question is, does that even matter? Since you have to present your proof of citizenship at embarkation anyway, I presume they’ll take whatever you give them that’s on the list, regardless of what you typed in at online check in. Anybody with experience on this?

For anyone who finds this thread later, when I handed the agent our passports at the port, he simply said “Ok, so passport instead of birth certificate. ::click::” and it was done.

This is so funny! I would never wait until 3 days before my cruise to do my checkin. I do it the minute it is open so it is done;p;p

:halo: This whole cruise was rather “spur of the moment” for us compared to our normal timeframe. Didn’t book this til late January. Didn’t really plan for much of anything either. Literally booked our excursion in St Maarten the day we departed Port Canaveral (Bernard’s SXM Tours, by the way) and didn’t really plan for anything before the cruise. Just planned on relaxing! I was traveling for work up until a few days before we left, too, so that’s my excuse!