Celebrity and Holland America

Live_2_cruise05

We sailed five times with HAL before trying the Celebrity Zenith. While the Zenith was smaller than the HAL S class ships, we were quite happy with Celebrity. My first choice is HAL, but I would be happy with Celebrity.

I think you would find the reverse to be true. Go and have a good time.

Bodger

We sailed five times with HAL before trying the Celebrity Zenith. While the Zenith was smaller than the HAL S class ships, we were quite happy with Celebrity. My first choice is HAL, but I would be happy with Celebrity.

I'm of the same mind as you. I just sailed a short cruise on the Celebrity Zenith and found the experience to be very, very similar to HAL in ambience, service and food.

While HAL remains my cruise line of choice ... at least at this point ... I have to say that since sailing the Zenith, Celebrity has become my number two favorite, with Princess now falling into a poor third. While I found Princess' staff to be friendly, and the service about on a par with HAL or Celebrity, I have to say that the food on Princess in no way could compare to Celebrity ... or HAL. Neither could the general shipboard ambience and elegance of the common areas.

Think I'll be sticking to HAL for the most part in the future, however.

Blue skies ...

--rita

How are these two lines compared? We are just off of the Celebrity Galaxy yesterday. We had a wonderful time but now we want to try out Holland. We have two DDs 15 and 5. Me and my Dh are in our late 40's.

Thanks for your help!

Hi Charlene!

Lauren and I are big fans of both Celebrity and HAL! I would give Celebrity the edge in Dining room cuisine and over all service, but HAL's buffet (the Lido) gets the edge in quality and selection. HAL has a Far East feel, and Celebrity is more European. HAL is old school and Celebrity is modern. You can't beat the cabin comfort on Holland America--they have the best beds and bedding at sea! Both lines offer larger than standard cabins. We just can't get excited about Princess, RCI or NCL anymore and will probably alternate between Celebrity and Holland America in the future.

Good Luck!

Kel

Thank you all for your help! We are now looking into a cruise to Alaska either on Celebrity or HAL.

Thanks again!

If Lauren and I do Alaska again; we would take HAL northbound and Celebrity southbound; quasi BtoB -- 14 days total. Just a thought!:rolleyes: :)

Kel

I'm with Kelmac and give Celebrity the edge for food and service overall. But HAL is a very close second. I sail either line with confidence that I'll have an amazing time.

But since you're cruising with children you should review everything you can about that. With our children grown, I can't comment on that aspect of it.

Archived