Vista cruisers, enough serenity / lido chairs? Or go with the Havana cabin?

gotscrapz

Looking at the 8 day Southern Caribbean on the Vista and thinking with 3 solid sea days, plus half of the Curaco port day (arrives in port at 130pm) ... plus arrival day ... that's a lot of at sea time... might be worth it?

I know I would love it but also trying to keep costs under control. However I do like to lounge in the sun / read etc and am wondering if you found a chair at lido or in serenity area when you wanted one? Of course I will be doing other things some of the time too ...

Wondering if I should book balcony or window? or choose an interior Havana?

I would love a Havana balcony or cabana but that's not in the budget this trip...

Your opinions are appreciated - thank you!

Go with the Havana, even if an inside cabin. When we were on the Vista, everytime we went up to the main area, it was crowded, lots of kids running around, loud, etc. Not conducive to relaxing in the sun with a good book. The Havana area was never crowded!

Definitely go with the Havana cabin. Sea days on the main deck areas are very crowded on Vista (one of my few complaints with the ship). We are in the Havana area on Horizon next summer after our experience with Vista.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am fighting myself on it but I think I am going to for it. The difference is $550 between the cabin we have and the Havana so thinking on an 8 day cruise / less than $100 per day difference might be worth it... on the other hand its a whole cheers package difference lol... and we are sailing in July when it will be packed and tons of kids... so I guess I should go for it....

Thank you both. Did either of you use the serenity area? Was it any better than lido etc?

Serenity deck was nice - alot of clam shell beds to offer. However, on sea days you must be up by 9 to grab one !

Go for the Havanna !

Looking at the 8 day Southern Caribbean on the Vista and thinking with 3 solid sea days, plus half of the Curaco port day (arrives in port at 130pm) ... plus arrival day ... that's a lot of at sea time... might be worth it?

I know I would love it but also trying to keep costs under control. However I do like to lounge in the sun / read etc and am wondering if you found a chair at lido or in serenity area when you wanted one? Of course I will be doing other things some of the time too ...

Wondering if I should book balcony or window? or choose an interior Havana?

I would love a Havana balcony or cabana but that's not in the budget this trip...

Your opinions are appreciated - thank you!

We sailed Vista Transatlantic. Serenity was so crowded every sea day. It's built stupidly - chopped up into sections by glass partitions and fake palm trees. Though we'd be up there early every morning due to the daily time zone crossings/time changes, we hardly ever saw many seats available. People slept in the clam shells all night.

If cost is indeed a factor, my opinion is to book an interior Havana cabin and enjoy the Havana pool. It's only accessible to those who book Havana cabins. After 7:00 PM, it's open to everyone. We walked the Lanai every night and never saw anyone in the pool area.