Unlimited internet access

cthusky203

I think it depends on how you view your e-mails as to whether or not you can do so from the social package.

Among ways e-mails can be viewed:

a) an e-mail program such as Outlook (Windows) or Safari (Apple)

b) a web page such as Yahoo or Hormail or AOL

c) via a link to your Internet provider such as Comcast or Roadrunner

d) mail2web.com which works with most Internet provider e-mail systems

I suspect not all of these (plus others I did not list) will be able to be used with the social package.

I would want a). Our DS is due to start university in the autumn and our other DS is expecting exam results, so that’s why we want access to emails during our vacation. The social package is being offered on our 10 night cruise for $69 and I don’t mind paying that to access the emails. The surf package costs $99. We’re on the Grand so I don’t think it’s offered at a per minute rate?

Captain announced on Regal that very high speed unlimited internet for Elite and platinum slowed to half speed because of the European satellite we connected to until tomorrow afternoon when Very fast will resume. He said this was a first experience for Regal with European and they have been experimenting with various to find the best. He put it in easy to understand terms. Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I’d also like to know the difference in the packages. We are sailing on The Grand and they are offering several packages to purchase online, including unlimited ‘social’ and a ‘surf’ unlimited package which doesn’t include streaming. I’d like to know if you can view emails on the social package or is this only possible on the ‘surf’ option?
I was on the 3/23-4/7 Hawaii cruise on the Grand. I had the mid tier option. I was able to check email, but streaming was not an option. Weird thing - my YouTube app worked on my phone, but not on my Kindle.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Forums mobile app

I was on the 3/23-4/7 Hawaii cruise on the Grand. I had the mid tier option. I was able to check email, but streaming was not an option. Weird thing - my YouTube app worked on my phone, but not on my Kindle.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Forums mobile app

So you had the ‘Surf’ option to look at emails and not the ‘Social’ (least expensive rate)? I was hoping you could check emails on the ‘Social’; did anyone explain onboard the differences or had you already prebooked online?