Anthem Thermal package questions

I don't think I've seen this in the cruise planner before but the weekly cruise pass for the thermal suite is available for $99 single/ $150 per couple. I have read the negative comments here about the thermal spa on Anthem compared with other ships, in terms of their being no hot tub or view. It still sounds nice to me as a quiet place to escape and relax.

First up, I assume couple just means two people? I'm traveling with an adult daughter this time. I know some spa things are geared at actual couples, so just wanted to check.

Having access to a second shower has value to me too since my daughter takes very long showers herself and I could be out and back before she would be done. Is there a private dressing area in the thermal suite shower area? I don't need a lot of space but a little privacy would be nice.

I'm also traveling with some senior relatives, in another cabin. I doubt they should do saunas but they might like the hot stone chairs. One of them has some mobility issues and might be renting a chair for the cruise just to help out if she gets tired. Does anyone know if there are any issues with access in the spa area?

Are there gratuities to be considered in using the thermal suite?

Thanks!

It is quiet, but it is very small. They took me on a tour before my spa treatment, and it was just 4 heated chairs, a sauna, and a shower area. The other thing is that if I had paid for solitude and quiet, I would be really annoyed at people bringing strangers in every hour trying to sell passes.

NCL has a much, much, much nicer thermal spa area at a similar price.

Yes, two people, doesn't have to be opposite sex or spouse. You have access to showers in the locker room even w.o the Thermal spa. Thermal shower is co ed so you will use the locker room showers if you want a real shower. The thermal showers have sounds and light effects and aren't for bathing.

There are 4 or 5 chairs in the thermal room. It can get crowded. It's a tight fit and floor can be slippery.

Thanks for the information. I am spoiled by NCL's thermal spas on the Escape I never wanted to leave. I was debating on grabbing a pass but I think I will wait to take a look onboard and then decide.

Thanks for the information. I am spoiled by NCL's thermal spas on the Escape I never wanted to leave. I was debating on grabbing a pass but I think I will wait to take a look onboard and then decide.

There is no price savings on these usually but you could book in cruise planner and cancel after looking it over if you're worried about it selling out or going up. They sell limited # of passes per cruise to keep it from overcrowding.

Yes, two people, doesn't have to be opposite sex or spouse. You have access to showers in the locker room even w.o the Thermal spa. Thermal shower is co ed so you will use the locker room showers if you want a real shower. The thermal showers have sounds and light effects and aren't for bathing.

There are 4 or 5 chairs in the thermal room. It can get crowded. It's a tight fit and floor can be slippery.

I thought I read there were no locker room showers on Anthem. Or did that just mean no locker room showers in the gym?

Do people wear swimsuits in the thermal showers? LOL, I thought this was a private thing. I read there were lights and music but it sounded like an introverts dream in my mind.