Where is the "do not upgrade ever" option?

I've searched the forums and called my TA, and I can't figure out how to set my reservation/account to do not upgrade.

Reading here, it seems to involved logging in to your Crown and Anchor account. Ok, I have an account on the RCL site, but I don't have a Crown and Anchor account number because this is my first RCL cruise.

I called my TA, and they said they "didn't even know RCL had an 'automatic upgrade' option" and there was nothing to change. (Big box warehouse TA).

Its driving me crazy. 9 past cruises across 4 lines, and I've never been upgraded. One (great deal) of an upsell. Two gty reservations that ended up in the exact class I booked. So I realize the chances are very, very slim. But, I have a corner aft balcony booked.... The one time I want to scream: PLEASE DON'T MOVE ME!

Anyone know how I or my TA can find this option so we can make sure its off?

They recently revamped the website... so I'm not even certain you could alter these settings if you logged in. Yes, tell your travel agent to call RC directly. Sorry, but they really should know that. IMHO - I'm happy to be my own travel agent so I don't need someone else to make these calls for me.

One of the times I met the upgrade fairy she nailed me taking away my Promenade room, which I had been looking forward to, so I get your sentiment.

Judy

Ok. I will call the TA again tomorrow night. I'll get someone else, so maybe they can try :)

IMHO - I'm happy to be my own travel agent so I don't need someone else to make these calls for me.

I go back and forth on this one. Usually it works out fine enough and typically more benefits than booking direct. But there are occasionally quirks.

I should add, I book the cruise for this balcony! My H and I were toying with the idea of a cruise in Dec (we generally alternate cruise/single island for my annual winter solstice escape to sun). I was checking options and prices, and saw this one, saw this room available, and JUMPED. Told him about it the next day lol

I've searched the forums and called my TA, and I can't figure out how to set my reservation/account to do not upgrade.

Reading here, it seems to involved logging in to your Crown and Anchor account. Ok, I have an account on the RCL site, but I don't have a Crown and Anchor account number because this is my first RCL cruise.

I called my TA, and they said they "didn't even know RCL had an 'automatic upgrade' option" and there was nothing to change. (Big box warehouse TA).

Its driving me crazy. 9 past cruises across 4 lines, and I've never been upgraded. One (great deal) of an upsell. Two gty reservations that ended up in the exact class I booked. So I realize the chances are very, very slim. But, I have a corner aft balcony booked.... The one time I want to scream: PLEASE DON'T MOVE ME!

Anyone know how I or my TA can find this option so we can make sure its off?

Call Crown and Anchor directly (800)526-9723 to update your preferences

It’s in the crown and anchor account settings. However, since you don’t have one, you may not need to worry about the automatic upgrade because I don’t think there’s a box to check or uncheck in the actual Cruise Planner. That being said, I don’t trust Royal not to randomly do it anyway, even if you didn’t check any boxes.

I was very strategic in my booking to make sure I got the Ben and Jerry room, so I made sure that the upgrade box was unchecked, and even though it is, I have continued to check weekly to make sure they didn’t take away my room, and every time I’ve called for a price drop I’ve been adamant that they make sure my room doesn’t change and make them send me a new invoice so I can make sure it still says the same room number. I don’t trust Royal IT. Did I say that already?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I wouldn't worry too much about a upgrade since the upgrade fairy is in a coma and her evil sister the upsell fairy has taken over her duties.

As long as I don't get the practical joke fairy godmother where they move you to a worse cabin in the same class..

I played hell getting them to switch me amenities on my booking next month for the upgrade they booked me with. We initially booked an ocean view balcony on Allure because it was a good deal with a promotion they were running last fall. We then switched to a guarantee central park for the specialty lunch for two and some final cost savings. Sure enough, cabin assignments come out and they put us in a central park balcony with lunch for 4 at Johnny Rockets and soda packages. We were only sailing with three people (one of which is a vegetarian) and even if we had four I have ZERO desire to eat at Johnny Rockets, the adults already have the deluxe beverage and the child doesnt drink soda.

After numerous phone calls, being transferred to managers, etc they gave us the central park balcony amenities package but left us with a central park balcony and added some additional funds to my OBC.

I played hell getting them to switch me amenities on my booking next month for the upgrade they booked me with. We initially booked an ocean view balcony on Allure because it was a good deal with a promotion they were running last fall. We then switched to a guarantee central park for the specialty lunch for two and some final cost savings. Sure enough, cabin assignments come out and they put us in a central park balcony with lunch for 4 at Johnny Rockets and soda packages. We were only sailing with three people (one of which is a vegetarian) and even if we had four I have ZERO desire to eat at Johnny Rockets, the adults already have the deluxe beverage and the child doesnt drink soda.

After numerous phone calls, being transferred to managers, etc they gave us the central park balcony amenities package but left us with a central park balcony and added some additional funds to my OBC.

Wow, Johnny Rockets a specialty lunch? Yikes. Yeah I would have been calling too.

Dan

It’s in the crown and anchor account settings. However, since you don’t have one, you may not need to worry about the automatic upgrade because I don’t think there’s a box to check or uncheck in the actual Cruise Planner. That being said, I don’t trust Royal not to randomly do it anyway, even if you didn’t check any boxes.

I was very strategic in my booking to make sure I got the Ben and Jerry room, so I made sure that the upgrade box was unchecked, and even though it is, I have continued to check weekly to make sure they didn’t take away my room, and every time I’ve called for a price drop I’ve been adamant that they make sure my room doesn’t change and make them send me a new invoice so I can make sure it still says the same room number. I don’t trust Royal IT. Did I say that already?

I have not been able to find any of the preference settings such as upgrades, dining, bed configuration, etc. since the website upgrade. Can someone enlighten me on how to access this? Thanks!

I have not been able to find any of the preference settings such as upgrades, dining, bed configuration, etc. since the website upgrade. Can someone enlighten me on how to access this? Thanks!

Those currently don't exist on the new website.

Those are the amenities they're currently giving the boardwalk balconies.

Those currently don't exist on the new website.

Oh great. What a mess. I hate the new website.

• 2 months later...

So, while trying to find out HOW to check/set my preferences on the new website, I found this thread. I decided to check out RCCAS FB page... I sent them an instant message & got my answer in seconds! The answer: "Currently, that feature is not available,you must call to set your preferences."

So I called. I found out my preferences were as I wanted them. Then I asked the rep..."so, are y'all ever gonna get the feature where we can view/change our own preferences back on the website?" He said "YES! hopefully that feature will be back on the website by the end of this month or next (July/August). He said they are working on some bugs with the boxes that you check for your preferences as well as the "Countdown to cruise" feature.... but said it WILL be back as soon as they get it worked out.

So, just FYI...