Travel agents

We are booked through the cruise line. Can we transfer our booking to a travel agent? If so, what agency would you recommend? Looking for one that will keep an eye for the best deal for us. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are booked through the cruise line. Can we transfer our booking to a travel agent? If so, what agency would you recommend? Looking for one that will keep an eye for the best deal for us. Thanks in advance.

You have until 60 days after initial booking to transfer to a travel agent.

It is against the rules of this website to mention names of specific travel agents.

Can'y discuss or recommend TA's on this forum.

You already have the cabin, now it'e time to go for the perks. Look for a TA that gives pre paid grats, specialty dinning, added OBC, or throws in insurance. Keep your eye out for your category price drops and just call the TA when you find one. Keep in mind you will get far more perks if you booked a suite over a inside. We use a large online TA and usually get all that we mentioned above except the insurance when we book a balcony.

Yesterday called a large travel agency that I've used in the past to see what perks they might offer and hopefully I'm getting a pretty sweet amount of on board credit. I booked on 3/8/2017 directly with RCL and the agent didn't say anything about a 60 day limited time so I sure hope it goes through. This agency gives some pretty good deals for New Bookings with them (all listed above), but not with transfers. My cruise isn't until October, so final payment isn't due yet. Rep. said it will take a week or so to get it processed. I've transferred before and didn't take but a few days, for sure not more than a week.

Yesterday called a large travel agency that I've used in the past to see what perks they might offer and hopefully I'm getting a pretty sweet amount of on board credit. I booked on 3/8/2017 directly with RCL and the agent didn't say anything about a 60 day limited time so I sure hope it goes through. This agency gives some pretty good deals for New Bookings with them (all listed above), but not with transfers. My cruise isn't until October, so final payment isn't due yet. Rep. said it will take a week or so to get it processed. I've transferred before and didn't take but a few days, for sure not more than a week.

Received email from RCL this afternoon, booking has been transferred. TA open until 9 tonight, so maybe I'll received the new contract showing the OBC they are giving me before they close. As I understand it, I can still do everything on my Dashboard EXCEPT make payments and my final is due a month earlier with this TA than with RCL.

Received email from RCL this afternoon, booking has been transferred. TA open until 9 tonight, so maybe I'll received the new contract showing the OBC they are giving me before they close. As I understand it, I can still do everything on my Dashboard EXCEPT make payments and my final is due a month earlier with this TA than with RCL.

Sounds good. Just so you know, OBC from the TA won't show up on Royal's website or Royal's guest confirmation. However, you should see it onboard on day 2.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

You have 60 days to transfer, and it must be before final payment date.

I don't know how Spa girl nana got her reservation transferred. It's a "first" as far as I know.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

You have 60 days to transfer, and it must be before final payment date.

I don't know how Spa girl nana got her reservation transferred. It's a "first" as far as I know.

I don't know either, I called and asked and it's now showing up on my Dashboard that my booking is with that travel agency.

Sounds good. Just so you know, OBC from the TA won't show up on Royal's website or Royal's guest confirmation. However, you should see it onboard on day 2.

I know my OBC from the TA won't show up until I'm on the ship. My children gave me a cruise gift certificate that I've applied towards OBC and after a lot of begging, RCL sent me an email showing the certificate had been applied correctly. I still don't understand why they won't show it, especially since I've heard we can use it towards purchasing dinning, drinks, excursions, etc. prior to the cruise. None of my payment history is show up now that my booking belongs to the travel agency. Don't know if that's a blip with the web site updates or just the way it is. No problems though, I keep up with all my payment & OBC records and request paper documentation to back everything up, it will all shake out fine

I know my OBC from the TA won't show up until I'm on the ship. My children gave me a cruise gift certificate that I've applied towards OBC and after a lot of begging, RCL sent me an email showing the certificate had been applied correctly. I still don't understand why they won't show it, especially since I've heard we can use it towards purchasing dinning, drinks, excursions, etc. prior to the cruise. None of my payment history is show up now that my booking belongs to the travel agency. Don't know if that's a blip with the web site updates or just the way it is. No problems though, I keep up with all my payment & OBC records and request paper documentation to back everything up, it will all shake out fine

That's the way it is.