night guided tour in St Petersburg.

We will be in St petersburg for 2 days in July on celebrity equinox. I was planning on scheduling private tour with Esperance for the two days.4 people. They have offered an additional evening tour wihich they say is casual walking , canal boat ride , neighborhood sightseeing. sounds fun, however, you return to ship after full day of touring and change, dine and then go back out. We have 2 sons 18 and 23. One feels it would be great , the other things it will be too tiring. Anyone have experience with going back out after day of tour? We will be with guide with our visas. Any one with experience of Esperance?

No personal experience, but assuming you won't be in SPB for a while after this, I'd want to make the most of it. I'd think two boys at that age would have more energy for this than anyone.

We didn't do this specific tour but we booked a 2-day tour with Alla and then booked an evening tour through our ship. We dd our day tour, returned to the ship and had dinner on the Lido deck (no time for our dining room meal) and headed out again. Our sons were 13 and 17 and loved the tour. Yes, it was a long day, but completely worth it.

• 2 weeks later...

In my opinion it will be a great experience for the boys of 18 & 23. Yes, I think they will have more energy for this than anyone else :) I did my tour with Best Guides and they suggest the night boat tour but my DD was obviously too young for any of the night tours.

Jess