Oasis Debarkation-best way to avoid major lines?

I must be cheap but I have always given the porter a $5 tip. Never have been asked to give $10-20......

$5 is pretty much an insult to them. I couldn’t look them in the eye if I did that. To me it is a 15-25 range depending if they load my car and how many bags I have.

Saw a thread on porters recently but on our cruise last year on oasis the porters had to wait in the regular line with you. So it didn’t expedite the process for us or anyone.

When did this change?

Got a porter at Ft. Lauderdale last Sunday coming off the Allure and he was told to get on the regular line as her supervisor was there watching. It seems to be hit or miss frankly.

I must be cheap but I have always given the porter a $5 tip. Never have been asked to give $10-20......

No not cheap at all, there were 4 ladies in our group so $20.00 for the 4 of us. And we all appreciated how quickly we were able to get to our shuttle.

Since you are not in a hurry, I suggest you get a high luggage tag number; leave the low numbers for those catching a flight or such . Then sleep in (or try anyway), have a relaxed breakfast (I like the main dining room if I am not in a rush; windjammer seems less relaxing to me), be among the last to leave the ship, get a porter in the terminal.

Try to make your luggage distinctive...gaudy luggage straps or weird ribbons or colorful tape or whatever so it is easy for you to find...and hard for others to mistake for theirs.