Switching passengers...how does it work?

wenocancer2

Thinking of booking a cruise for June 2019 for our family of four but would like to include my daughters boyfriend as well. This relationship looks like "the one", but anything can happen before June 2019. If we booked with him and something would happen that he's no longer in the picture, how would we go about changing his booking to a friend or dropping it all together? What are the ramifications? :confused:

We would book two rooms...one for mom and dad and one for the other three.

Thinking of booking a cruise for June 2019 for our family of four but would like to include my daughters boyfriend as well. This relationship looks like "the one", but anything can happen before June 2019. If we booked with him and something would happen that he's no longer in the picture, how would we go about changing his booking to a friend or dropping it all together? What are the ramifications? :confused:

We would book two rooms...one for mom and dad and one for the other three.

I think, when booking Carnival’s website you only have to enter the 1st guest’s name when you book the cabin. All other guest that have been booked for that room will say tba (to be announced) in the name slot, until you change it. You can not enter the guest info until you know for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Do NOT book a cruise using Early Savers Rate. Cancel before final payment to get your money back.

With the Boyfriend you will need an adult booked into the cabin with him unless both are age 21 or over.

If it was only your kids those kids can be booked in the cabin alone- without the parent But he is a minor with you as guardians

With the Boyfriend you will need an adult booked into the cabin with him unless both are age 21 or over.

If it was only your kids those kids can be booked in the cabin alone- without the parent But he is a minor with you as guardians

This was not my experience. I made my reservation over the phone with my PVP for three cabins, one for DH and myself, one for DD and friend, and a third for other DD and friend. DD's and friends are older teens, but all under 21.

You are supposedly not able to change passengers with early saver so i would book a different rate.

That being said I have seen it reported on here that some people were still able to change passengers even booking early saver.

Bill

Of course you can change a name on an Early Saver booking. If it's before final payment it's a $50 fee. If it's after final payment the name change is subject to the cancellation penalties associated with the cost of the 3rd person cruise fare based what phase the booking is in.

Cruises of Six Nights or Longer

75-56 days: deposit

55-30 days: 50 percent

29-15 days: 75 percent

14 days or less: 100 percent

Of course you can change a name on an Early Saver booking. If it's before final payment it's a $50 fee. If it's after final payment the name change is subject to the cancellation penalties associated with the cost of the 3rd person cruise fare based what phase the booking is in.

Cruises of Six Nights or Longer

75-56 days: deposit

55-30 days: 50 percent

29-15 days: 75 percent

14 days or less: 100 percent

Must be something new. Still says no name changes on their website.

Bill

Sent from my SM-T350 using Forums mobile app

This was not my experience. I made my reservation over the phone with my PVP for three cabins, one for DH and myself, one for DD and friend, and a third for other DD and friend. DD's and friends are older teens, but all under 21.

Because Carnival is not the same across the board for their policy. They are supposed to have a person over 25 in the cabin if they are not your kids.

I see the same with Early Saver rate too- some people can change names and others can not

You are supposedly not able to change passengers with early saver so i would book a different rate.

That being said I have seen it reported on here that some people were still able to change passengers even booking early saver.

Bill

I did. Changed from my husband to my daughter. Just logged in and changed names.

We have a similar situation. Our son is single & may bring a buddy with him. Since the cruise is a year away, he doesn't know who he will be bringing. So, we booked the cabin for him with only him in the cabin. When we have a confirmed friend with cash in hand, we will add them to the booking. Our PVP says this will not incur the $50 change fee. We are booked early saver.