In port back on board time.

smk730

My first time on windstar - is it the same as the larger ships where you need to be back on board 30 minutes prior to the departure time posted? Trying to plan timing of independent excursions. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Generally yes, 30 minutes. There will be a board posted when you disembark with the all aboard time for crew and passengers. Good idea to take the daily activity sheet with you, or a photo of it, as it has phone numbers for port. We have friends who were caught up because of a fallen tree on their way back to the ship. They were able to notify the ship through the port office.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Generally yes, 30 minutes. There will be a board posted when you disembark with the all aboard time for crew and passengers. Good idea to take the daily activity sheet with you, or a photo of it, as it has phone numbers for port. We have friends who were caught up because of a fallen tree on their way back to the ship. They were able to notify the ship through the port office.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Thank you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, 30 minutes prior is the rule for departures. You don’t have to be on board then, but you definitely want to be standing next to the tender at that time!

We just did our first Windstar cruise after several larger ships. One surprise to me, as a usually independent traveler, was how long it took to get *off* the ship. Almost all ports are tendered. Even though the ship is small, it does take some time to get the Windstar excursion groups off. Independents have to wait until the early excursions are accommodated. In my planning, I was allowing 30 minutes after dropping anchor for us to get off the ship, but it turned out to be at least an hour in most ports.