NCL Cuba June 11 Itinerary change

CRUIS4ME

we are booked on June 11 cruise to Cuba. Suppose to be two days. Just saw itinerary change to only one day. Can someone enlighten me on why this would happen, why NCL has not notified me, and to whom can I write or call to complain? I signed up for this cruise just because it was two days in Cuba. It is past final payment. What can I do? Thanks. I believe this is a bait and switch tactic?

we are booked on June 11 cruise to Cuba. Suppose to be two days. Just saw itinerary change to only one day. Can someone enlighten me on why this would happen, why NCL has not notified me, and to whom can I write or call to complain? I signed up for this cruise just because it was two days in Cuba. It is past final payment. What can I do? Thanks. I believe this is a bait and switch tactic?

If it's past final payment due date, honestly there is not much you can do. Complaining will not really help. they will tell you they have the right to modify the itinerary per cruise contract. Not sure whats going on with NCL but they have already changed itineraries on the Dawn, Bliss as well.

Yep, I understand the fine print. Just hard to take because we booked specifically for the two days in Cuba...And they charge a premium price. Wonder if any gurus know if there are political implications behind the change or why they needed to change the two days to only one day. Thanks.

I read in another thread that they appear to have lost some port time to Royal Caribbean. There is only limited space for these ships in Havana and it appears that Royal wanted to bring their ship earlier in the afternoon than they originally had planned. I’m sure that there were some financial dealings that resulted in Cuba giving Royal an earlier time and shortening NCL`s.

I am just back from the Cuba itinerary. Yes, it is true they are leaving early in order to get a RCCL ship into port. They can only handle two ships at a time I believe. It was a disappointment, but had to go with it.

Thanks for the information. Interesting and unfortunate NCL caved as the two days in Cuba was a the point to make NCL Cuba cruise a wiser choice over other cruise lines. Something strange on NCL website to check out other Cuba sailings this summer and there are none listed until September. Oh well when given lemons...make lemonade.

Which ship are you on for June 11?

The Sky

So what did they change? I am on the Sun to Cuba also on June 11. Looks like we aren't there the same dates though. Mine always said over nigh in Havana, but leaving 6:00 am. So I am curious what changed on yours.