Dinning times

mar326

:confused: Does any know if the is any other Cruise line besides NCL that has a free style or similar dinnig program? We do not want to eat with other people that we do not know. When we cruised on Royal Carribbean we were at a table with the one loud mouth on the whole ship and do not want that to happen again.

NCL is the only cruise line that has what's called freestyle dining where you don't have to dress up for dinner, and you can dine wherever and what time you like. Princess has personal choice dining where you can go the tradtional dining route or with open seating. The luxury lines of Seabourn and Silversea have what's called open seating where you can go to the dining room anytime and sit where you want. Oceania and Radisson also have open seating. But, unlike NCL, who doesn't really have much of a dress code for dinner, Seabourn, Silversea, Radisson and Oceania do have dress codes, although Oceania is country club casual every evening and Silversea and Seabourn are traditionally formal.

To be honest, don't discount dining with others because of one bad experience. I've been on 42+ cruises, and I've met, and made good friends with, many of my former tablemates. I think I've only had one not so great experiece with a tablemate..

You can request tables for two on most ships. Having said that, these tables are very few on each ship and many times are reserved for people in suites and then down the line. So, if you are in an inside cabin, it's not likely you will get a small table.

We have been on many cruises and have had great tablemates, but if we had a problem, I wouldn't hesitate to go to the maitre d' and ask to be moved.

If you truly want Freestyle, you need to go on NCL. We did an NCL cruise to Alaska last year and now my husband wants that concept on all ships. I told him, dream on, at least for now.

Katie

Archived