Yet another steakhouse question

Simbar

Reviews of the steakhouse have piqued my interest and I was thinking about trying for reservations on our upcoming cruise.

I have one question though. I see it's $10 for kids and I know the kids menu has a filet on it. My daughter is a great eater, will try anything, but I was wondering if the junior filet doesn't peak her interest that night, can she order off the adult menu?

seriously?

Seriously to what....towards my original question.

Someone above informed me that if my daughter ordered off the adult menu it was $35 or whatever the adult charge is. Yes, I wondered about that because all I see for kids is the $10 charge. I asked, and understand that if she were to order off the adult menu we would be charged that. Sorry that my child is a foodie, will try anything (her fave veggies are asparagus and cauliflower) and a great eater. She does not do your typical kids menu items like hot dogs, Mac n cheese, chicken tenders, hamburgers, etc......even now she orders adult meals for the variety they provide. She's also 10 in the gifted program last night and understood the answers I gave to her that I received. She's okay with sticking to the kids menu if she has to (hubs and I are still deciding on booking the Steakhouse), but admits something on the adult menu may tempt her (again, great eater and adventurous foodie).

no, sharing a meal, was not talking to you but Micah's Dad, who knows you can not share.

Oh okay. :D

Yeah, the portions are small enough, so sharing with her would be an issue. Although, on land we do often share adult meals since portion sizes are ample and it saves us $.

But she's very excited to be able to have 2 entrees in the MDR. :hearteyes:

Edited by Simbar
typo

Yeah, the portions are small enough, so sharing with her would be an issue. Although, on land we do often share adult meals since portion sizes are ample and it saves us $.

Yeah, I have a preteen nephew that is a skinny little thing, but he can really put some food away! So I understand where your coming from. If she has to stick to the kid's menu in the steakhouse, she can always make up for it on the other nights in the MDR, lots of chances there to be adventurous and try new stuff and get as much food as her heart's desires! We loved getting one of the "Rare Finds" apps to share and get a chance to try something we'd most likely never order in a restaurant back home.

I really hope y'all enjoy your cruise and culinary adventures! :D

Portion sizes in the steakhouse are anything but small.

no, sharing a meal, was not talking to you but Micah's Dad, who knows you can not share.

Is the prohibition on sharing just that multiple people cannot share one meal - each passenger needs to order either a child's meal ($10) or regular meal ($35)? My husband and I like to sometimes each order something different but then split the meal so we can try more than one thing. Would it be acceptable for him to get steak and I order seafood and we each have some of the other's entree (or app, dessert, etc)?

My husband and I like to sometimes each order something different but then split the meal so we can try more than one thing. Would it be acceptable for him to get steak and I order seafood and we each have some of the other's entree (or app, dessert, etc)?

Yes! DH and I will share, we each get our own app and we get a 3rd to share to try something new, we've traded bites of each others entree, deserts, etc. Never had a problem with it in the MDR.

Is the prohibition on sharing just that multiple people cannot share one meal - each passenger needs to order either a child's meal ($10) or regular meal ($35)? My husband and I like to sometimes each order something different but then split the meal so we can try more than one thing. Would it be acceptable for him to get steak and I order seafood and we each have some of the other's entree (or app, dessert, etc)?

Not a problem at all. DW and I will always do this and nobody will care

yes, of course you taste each other's food, but Pacruise, I think you're missing the point. You can go to a US restaurant and share a meal. You can not go to Red Lobster on all the crab you can eat night and share a plate. The Steakhouse like the Chef's table is a per person deal

Yes! DH and I will share, we each get our own app and we get a 3rd to share to try something new, we've traded bites of each others entree, deserts, etc. Never had a problem with it in the MDR.

Thanks. I knew it wasn't an issue in MDR but that sometimes Specialty Restaurants have different rules

yes, of course you taste each other's food, but Pacruise, I think you're missing the point. You can go to a US restaurant and share a meal. You can not go to Red Lobster on all the crab you can eat night and share a plate. The Steakhouse like the Chef's table is a per person deal

I was seeking to clarify the point - which is why I asked about both scenarios. "Sharing isn't allowed" can be interpreted differently depending on where you live and what the context is.

All you can eat meals are typically no sharing allowed (some exceptions for young children), but I have also seen restaurants that prohibit any sharing or charge an extra fee for split plates of a single entree.

Two people can go to Red Lobster and share an Admiral's Feast or similar single serving dish - the same individuals would have to order their own Shrimp Lover's meal (I do miss the old days of all you can eat crab legs - haven't seen that in over 15 years). So sometimes, it's per person and sometimes not.

Thanks. I knew it wasn't an issue in MDR but that sometimes Specialty Restaurants have different rules

I was seeking to clarify the point - which is why I asked about both scenarios. "Sharing isn't allowed" can be interpreted differently depending on where you live and what the context is.

All you can eat meals are typically no sharing allowed (some exceptions for young children), but I have also seen restaurants that prohibit any sharing or charge an extra fee for split plates of a single entree.

Two people can go to Red Lobster and share an Admiral's Feast or similar single serving dish - the same individuals would have to order their own Shrimp Lover's meal (I do miss the old days of all you can eat crab legs - haven't seen that in over 15 years). So sometimes, it's per person and sometimes not.

Well, I think if you've both paid the $35 fee, y'all can share with no problem. I think what they said about no sharing meant if only one of y'all ordered a meal and the other ate half of it and only expected to pay one $35, then it would be a problem. So, if you both pay, share away!