Ships

emam

I have received an email about Ventura being 10 years old which directed me to her statistics.

I am curious about the number of passengers, where it states she holds 3,078 passengers, how is this worked out. Is this the amount that would be onboard if every bed in every room, was occupied. For instance some of the rooms have the pulman bunks in them. Do many people use the rooms to the full capacity, i.e. 4 people in a room. Do the suites have beds for more than two people in them and if so are they usually occupied by two people or the full amount of people per beds.

If someone said that a particular cruise was full, how does that relate to the number of passengers. Does it mean 3078 passengers, or however many people are in the lower bunks.

We have been on two cruises on Ventura one at the end of September into October, the second in June. Both of these had a different demograph (I think that is the right word) of people as most of you will already know.

We have also been on Celebrity Eclipse in August (so we are newby cruisers compared to most of you). Maybe it was something to do with the weather but I found that on Celebrity the sunbeds were virtually empty. There was only a handful of people on the rather large deck. I think it was too cold for the Americans and Europeans (Baltic Cruise). Also the ship itself seemed to be a lot more spacious. Though she is a bigger ship and has 228 less passengers than Ventura, but the only time it seemed to be full was on a night on the way to dinner.

I have received an email about Ventura being 10 years old which directed me to her statistics.

I am curious about the number of passengers, where it states she holds 3,078 passengers, how is this worked out. Is this the amount that would be onboard if every bed in every room, was occupied. For instance some of the rooms have the pulman bunks in them. Do many people use the rooms to the full capacity, i.e. 4 people in a room. Do the suites have beds for more than two people in them and if so are they usually occupied by two people or the full amount of people per beds.

If someone said that a particular cruise was full, how does that relate to the number of passengers. Does it mean 3078 passengers, or however many people are in the lower bunks.

We have been on two cruises on Ventura one at the end of September into October, the second in June. Both of these had a different demograph (I think that is the right word) of people as most of you will already know.

We have also been on Celebrity Eclipse in August (so we are newby cruisers compared to most of you). Maybe it was something to do with the weather but I found that on Celebrity the sunbeds were virtually empty. There was only a handful of people on the rather large deck. I think it was too cold for the Americans and Europeans (Baltic Cruise). Also the ship itself seemed to be a lot more spacious. Though she is a bigger ship and has 228 less passengers than Ventura, but the only time it seemed to be full was on a night on the way to dinner.

The number you quote is lower bunks only

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

Apart from having too much time to be thinking about this, the number given is for maximum occupancy. Most rooms don't have the sofabed used. Also when a ship is full, this just means that all the cabins have at least 1 person in them booked. Not that every sleeping space is being used.

Hi....is it that when they say the ship is full that every space for a lifeboat is taken and not every bed on the ship is taken ?

Nope, as more spaces on life boats than passengers. There is crew and what if everyone had to go to the port side? Do half of the passengers not get a life boat?

Apart from having too much time to be thinking about this, the number given is for maximum occupancy. Most rooms don't have the sofabed used. Also when a ship is full, this just means that all the cabins have at least 1 person in them booked. Not that every sleeping space is being used.

The maximum occupancy of Azura/Ventura and half of the Princess ‘Grand’ class ships is in the region of 3500. That is all beds used. The figure above is lower bunk occupancy ie two people per cabin. Of course single occupancy of single cabins.

Sent from my iPad using Forums