Priority check-in suite and interior

sierra821

I tried searching this but could not find the answer, my husband and I are looking at the Glory cruise leaving June 30th. We are thinking of treating ourselves to an ocean suite and getting the kids (23 and 12) an interior room. (they have been in them before and do not mind them, they spend most of the time in our room anyway) . I know we would get priority boarding with the suite , would the kids also because their room is on the same booking? Not expecting Carnival to, just trying to make decisions before we book.

I won't be able to talk to my PVP until tomorrow AM so thought I would ask the experts :)

Thanks !

Amy

I tried searching this but could not find the answer, my husband and I are looking at the Glory cruise leaving June 30th. We are thinking of treating ourselves to an ocean suite and getting the kids (23 and 12) an interior room. (they have been in them before and do not mind them, they spend most of the time in our room anyway) . I know we would get priority boarding with the suite , would the kids also because their room is on the same booking? Not expecting Carnival to, just trying to make decisions before we book.

I won't be able to talk to my PVP until tomorrow AM so thought I would ask the experts :)

Thanks !

Amy

Since one of the kids is over 21 in the interior, they would have to board later unless they had FTTF. I'm sure your minor child could board with you.

Minors traveling with parents in separate staterooms, who qualify for Priority, may check in together.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1380/~/priority-check-in

And this is where we get in a gray area. I believe that there are no specific rules for this situation, and BECAUSE the 23 year old, cannot sail with a minor (everyone in the room must 21 or older OR there must be someone 25), technically, this booking requires a parent and thus ALL will be allowed to check in together.

My oldest has been 18+ the last two cruises (before he reached Platinum) and with him and his minor brother booked in an interior across from our balcony, we were always able to do Priority check-in on my Platinum status.

Yes - they can board with you. We've done this many times, starting when our sons were ages 10 & 18 and had the room down the hall. We still did it on our last cruise when they were 16 & 24.

Especially if they are on your credit card and you are a family, they can board in priority with you.

It would be a little different if your son & his family were in an inside and you were footing the bill, but it still might work.

There could be a slight possibility that when you and your husband get your paperwork, the Carnival employee may need to go elsewhere down the line a little bit to pick up your sons' paperwork but it should take only a minute or two.

It will be fine.

Happy cruising.