Boarding the Dream- seems later than others

ballarinamom

Hi there

Taking the Dream in June. In the past, we show up to the dock around 11:00. We have a 12:00 arrival appointment with a 1:00 embarkation start. Does that sound right? Seems late compared to our past cruises. New to this whole "arrival appointment" thing. Makes sense and seems like a good idea but would like to hear people's experiences

Thanks!

Edited by ballarinamom

With FTTF, you can ignore your appointment time :)

That’s our plan. I was just responding to OP’s statement that check in times seemed later than usual. Ours was 11:30-12:00 even before our FTTF was purchased.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not really worth it to purchase the FTTF for 30 minutes. We are usually first few tenders to cayman since we are early risers and do our own tours. Montego Bay and Cozumel are walk offs. Just different for us to have the times. Curious to see how this all works. We always come in the night before so it gets us to the port early. I'm guessing we aren't allowed in the embarkation area until our scheduled time

Not really worth it to purchase the FTTF for 30 minutes. We are usually first few tenders to cayman since we are early risers and do our own tours. Montego Bay and Cozumel are walk offs. Just different for us to have the times. Curious to see how this all works. We always come in the night before so it gets us to the port early. I'm guessing we aren't allowed in the embarkation area until our scheduled time

We’ve only done one cruise since they implemented the appointment times. We’re traveling with my mom who is recovering from Breast cancer and I have Lupus and we both move slowly, lol. FTTF works for us as far as the convenience of boarding, tenders ect. I’m not sure about the embarkation area, but we have always had pleasant experiences out of the NOLA terminal. Hope y’all have a great cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi there

Taking the Dream in June. In the past, we show up to the dock around 11:00. We have a 12:00 arrival appointment with a 1:00 embarkation start. Does that sound right? Seems late compared to our past cruises. New to this whole "arrival appointment" thing. Makes sense and seems like a good idea but would like to hear people's experiences

Thanks!

The check in times I have had for New Orleans are 10:00am on the Triumph 2/9/17, 11:00am on the Triumph 1/21/18, and 10:00am on the Dream 1/28/18. I had FTTF for each cruise, and I arrived between 10:00am and 10:10am each time. Boarding started for weddings/diamonds between 11:15am and 11:30am each time.

What happens if we show up at 11:30 for a 12:00 arrival appointment? I know sometimes the porters need time to get the luggage before we start embarkation. Just trying to figure what time to call a cab to our hotel at jackson square. We always a lot for traffic but what if there is none? Just trying to cover the basses so we aren't sitting in a curb waiting :')

What happens if we show up at 11:30 for a 12:00 arrival appointment? I know sometimes the porters need time to get the luggage before we start embarkation. Just trying to figure what time to call a cab to our hotel at jackson square. We always a lot for traffic but what if there is none? Just trying to cover the basses so we aren't sitting in a curb waiting :')

There is a line for those without priority that arrive early. The line is covered. You won't be out in the sun. When coming from the Riverwalk, there are a few covered benches before you get to the door. The benches might be occupied by people waiting for rides.

Ok, when I chose my arrival time, the earliest slot available was 11:00. Can we just show up at 10:00 since that’s the earliest diamond/platinum can arrive?

When I chose my time slot for my cruise on the Dream, the earliest slot I could see was 11:00am. I had FTTF, and I arrived at 10:00am anyway. There were already several people there.

If you have some kind of priority, you can show up as soon as the port opens. I don't know when the building opens for arriving passengers.

When I chose my time slot for my cruise on the Dream, the earliest slot I could see was 11:00am. I had FTTF, and I arrived at 10:00am anyway. There were already several people there.

If you have some kind of priority, you can show up as soon as the port opens. I don't know when the building opens for arriving passengers.

That’s good to know! We’ve got FTTF and wasn’t sure what the earliest time we could get there.

Carnival Dream 6/2018

Carnival Liberty 4/2016

Carnival Conquest 7/2013