Costa Coffee on Azura

Flo71

Only been on a short cruise on Azura and it may have been before the introduction of Costa Coffe (unless we just didn't spot it).

Could someone help out with how it works, is it only redeemable in one place or all bars, venues and restaurants?

Thanks in advance

The Costa Coffee on board is a coffee shop just the same as in the high street. They have no connection to the land based units from the point of view of saver cards vouchers you might already have from UK outlets. It is a pay per cup using cruise card at the one on board outlet and you can get free cakes at the time of purchase. On disembarkation day the unit is the only place open and even thought your cruise card account was closed at midnight you can still use it here and get a separate bill for last day disembarkation coffee. You can get a coffee card deal if you want at a daily charge rate of a fixed fee for a set number of cups I believe.

Regards John

Thanks both, I don't use it here so no saver cards.

The Costa coffee card on P& O, It can't be used then to order coffee anywhere else only in the coffee shop on board?

The on board card only relates to Costa Coffees on board the ship. I suspect only the ship/cruise you are on and not for next cruise either.

Regards John

That is correct John - only on board and for that trip.

I'm not certain about venues where it's available on Azura apart from the coffee shop area in the Atrium or if indeed that's the only place to get Costa coffee. It's definitely the only place where you get the complementary muffins/croissants etc (up to 11am)and cakes/savoury snacks (after 11 am).

I find the Azura more limited in choice for coffee venues than say, the Arcadia, where there are a number of comfortable lounge areas including the Crow's Nest where you can use your Costa card although the cakes bit is only at Cafe Vivo.

It's certainly not available everywhere on board.

Hope that helps.

That is correct John - only on board and for that trip.

I'm not certain about venues where it's available on Azura apart from the coffee shop area in the Atrium or if indeed that's the only place to get Costa coffee. It's definitely the only place where you get the complementary muffins/croissants etc (up to 11am)and cakes/savoury snacks (after 11 am).

I find the Azura more limited in choice for coffee venues than say, the Arcadia, where there are a number of comfortable lounge areas including the Crow's Nest where you can use your Costa card although the cakes bit is only at Cafe Vivo.

It's certainly not available everywhere on board.

Hope that helps.

Lovely thank you. Are the cakes and snacks only complimentary if you buy a coffee?

Lovely thank you. Are the cakes and snacks only complimentary if you buy a coffee?

Yes, at the coffee shop but don't forget you can get muffins, croissants in the buffet freely available in the morning - though the coffee there is the help yourself standard variety. Desserts, cakes and afternoon tea type fare is also available in the buffet from lunchtimes onwards through the day.

The choice at the Costa Café on board remains the same from day to day - it includes carrot cake, chocolate cake, fruit tarts, prawn brioche (? well a prawn something) and some other sweet and savoury choices which I can't recollect (you can tell what I home in on! ;)). It's not extensive but nice to have the choice. You ask for what you would like when ordering your coffee and the waiter brings it to you.

Can you use the card to buy tea. Also do you have to buy a card each, or can you use one card five times for two people. One of us drinks tea the other coffee.

We will be on Ventura, but the last time we just paid each time we went to Costa.

I found the answer on cp. It's only valid for cappuccino and latte, which would be the reason we didn't buy one before. Saving is up to 20%.

Edited by emam