Much chance of a table for 2?

crewmember59

Hi

Were just booked onto the Seaview for next april. It looks amazing! I have never been on MSC (always NCL) so i rang before booking to figure out the dining situation, as a table for 2 is important to us both. The gentleman said we wouldn't have an issue getting a table for 2. He even said he can email head office to get me a letter to show the matradee if for any reason we dont get the table requested. He was a very helpful over the phone but i dont know if they have to say well get what we want to promote the cruise line and help push through sales?

We have booked a Fantastica Balcony as apparently we will have higher priority for our late dining time request. He said we would just be placed where there was space if we booked Bella. I wanted to book Aurea level but it sold out today :-(

Anyone had any experience with this request? Obviously i know the ship isn't on the waters yet but i presume Seaside will be along the same lines and someone may have experience from other large MSC ships?

Many Thanks

My wife and myself are on the Sinfonia from 14 May and because my wife suffers from COPD and severe sweats we have requested a table for 2 in the form where you set out any medical and mobility issues. The COPD means that my wife frequently gets coughing fits and although not infectious it can be very disconcerting for others on the table and the sweats mean that very often she is unable to do her hair and can at times look as if she has just walked out of the shower which makes her feel very self conscious. We are in Fantastica so on the basis of what has been said in this thread may not be much chance of them acceding to the request so we may end up using the buffet for all our meals.

My wife and myself are on the Sinfonia from 14 May and because my wife suffers from COPD and severe sweats we have requested a table for 2 in the form where you set out any medical and mobility issues. The COPD means that my wife frequently gets coughing fits and although not infectious it can be very disconcerting for others on the table and the sweats mean that very often she is unable to do her hair and can at times look as if she has just walked out of the shower which makes her feel very self conscious. We are in Fantastica so on the basis of what has been said in this thread may not be much chance of them acceding to the request so we may end up using the buffet for all our meals.
I spoke to MSC today and the lady was really helpful. She did happen to mention that the first guests to be accommodated for tables of two are those with medical reasons for the request so hopefully you will get your table.

Like you we will be in the buffet if not...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the replys everyone. I rang today too upgrade to Aurea so we could do anytime dining and go into dine when there was a table for two available but it's completely sold out. So i will have to keep checking for cancellations. After reading more about msc and your comments I'm not confident well get our table for two especially as the ship is nearly sold out with 10 months to go still. Some people are more than happy to sit with strangers every night and won't understand where I'm coming from but it's just not us and we enjoy our meals together. That's why we have always gone with NCL, they are so flexible... Hopefully it will work out and we will enjoy MSC too. The lady on the phone at MSC has put down that its our honeymoon and sounded hopeful that well get the table.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Forums mobile app

It’s not that MSC aren’t flexible, it’s just they can’t accomodate everyone. There are never that many tables for 2 compared to all other sizes, so on some cruises demand exceeds supply. They give preference to those with medical conditions or on honeymoon or a special anniversary.

• 3 months later...
Managed to pay for the upgrade to aurea as there was a cancellation apparantly. Should be fine now with a table for two and with anytime dining too. Thanks for all the advice.

Sent from my KFSUWI using Forums mobile app

Thanks for returning to report back. Good to know you got sorted - hopefully you'll enjoy the Aurea experience, with all the added benefits that it brings.