Bottled water brands

NovCruisin

Does anyone know what brands HAL has available on board for it's bottled water? I am trying to figure out if they have spring water vs. purified water. I know they have Mineral water still and sparkling but I can't find any additional information. TIA!

Are you worried about salt?

There are some brands that have 7% sodium in them which for some people is not good.

HAL needs to list what brands they have in their package in case some people have a sodium problem.

Salt is not my main concern; I find spring water to taste better and is (imo) healthier than purified.

Listing what brands would be difficult, as the water is loaded in different ports. Much like the yogurt and butter in the Lido, the brands change depending on where the items are loaded on the ship. Keeping a list of all the brands would be nearly impossible to keep current. And what is the listed brands aren't available in a particular port or at a particular time? Passengers would complain that the list of brands is wrong and they were hoping for X Brand, but got Y Brand.

So far all the HAL ships we have been on carry Evian. Mind you that they will try to push HAL purified water but if you tell them you only want a liter of Evian every night in the dining room they will find it for you. Just got off Amsterdam three days ago and they had Evian in both 1 Liter and a smaller size.

We see San Pellegrino for sparkling water and Perrier for still bottled waters from the bar service or in the room if you are ordering a branded water.

For the bottled still water package for in cabin use it was a spring water - but something obscure - no recognizable name. I too like the taste much better, so I always either order the package or buy sufficient supplies in port or carry it on when we embark. No question, the cabin and ship water is very safe. But that is not the issue - I enjoy drinking really good water. Ship water is more flat.

There are also several large bottles in the cabin from the mini-bar fee service - but per bottle they are more expensive than ordering the ship's water package of 6 or 12 large bottles.

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to reply, it is much appreciated!

I am hopeful it sounds like there may be spring water, I am not particular about brand just wanted to make sure that was an option.

For those who mentioned Evian, that is mineral water so not what I'm looking for. I do however appreciate the information and "worst case scenario" I'll have to drink mineral water for one week :p

I am hopeful it sounds like there may be spring water, I am not particular about brand just wanted to make sure that was an option.

For those who mentioned Evian, that is mineral water so not what I'm looking for. I do however appreciate the information and "worst case scenario" I'll have to drink mineral water for one week :p

Where are you cruising - one can easily find spring water in grocery stores or mini-marts while ashore pretty much everywhere. or follow the cew to the port side shops that are set up for them, but others can also shop there - they usually carry some form of bottled water.

Take your own water on with you. Just put a slab/package of bottles with your baggage (with your Cabin No. on it) and give it to the porters when you arrive at the dock. It will come to your room with your baggage.