Cozumel noon Arrival

dseres

I will be on the Victory in a couple of weeks and was wondering if the ship arrives at noon, what time do you think we would arrive at either Paradise beach or Mr. Sanchos? I'm thinking 1 p.m. would be best case. Do you think it's worth doing all inclusive since apparently the places close at 5? Thanks! Kinda sucks getting there late for a beach day. Also the key west day is sooo short. I guess I didn't really think about the arrival/departure times when I booked. Still fun but could be better. Also, does anyone know where the Victory docks?

I will be on the Victory in a couple of weeks and was wondering if the ship arrives at noon, what time do you think we would arrive at either Paradise beach or Mr. Sanchos? I'm thinking 1 p.m. would be best case. Do you think it's worth doing all inclusive since apparently the places close at 5? Thanks! Kinda sucks getting there late for a beach day. Also the key west day is sooo short. I guess I didn't really think about the arrival/departure times when I booked. Still fun but could be better. Also, does anyone know where the Victory docks?

We did this same itin in August and yes it's worth it!! Get in line to get off the ship as fast as you can. Taxis will be waiting and it's quick to get there and get in. I booked Mr. Sanchos online and took a copy of my paper work. We got in very quickly. Also, wear your bathing suit under your clothes so you don't have to change. We thoroughly enjoyed our time there. While the food and drinks pretty much stop at 5, we continued to shop there for a while. Go for it. You will love it!

We did this trip last October, and have it booked again for next October (DH's birthday present, again).

In Key West we docked at ***** (Outer Mole) at the Navy base. I've also seen it docked at Pier B near Mallory Square. You can see where it's scheduled to dock at this website. The short time in KW sucks, there is so much to do in such a small area. Lucky for us it's close to home!

In Cozumel we went to Paradise Beach. The time stamp on the first photo I took is 1:07. We did not rush off the ship and took our time walking through the port area. The taxi area in Puerta Maya is to the upper left of the shopping area after you exit the duty free shop. Nicely placed so you can walk past as many stores as possible!

If you hustle could get there about 1 but if ship is late for whatever reason not much of a beach day.

I know you stated Mr. Sanchos or Paradise Beach, but, Nachi Cocum in Cozumel has a "sunset" beach pass for those traveling on cruises that get into port late. The pass is good from 12pm-6:30pm. I dont know if this helps, but, its a suggestion. I have never been there personally, but, I have talked to people who have. They have told me it is beautiful there.

I've been to Nachi Cocom (4 times in fact), and always had a wonderful time. I love it because they limit the number of people they admit (I think it's 120, but don't quote me). The beach is better because it's not rocky like at Paradise and several others all in the same area. If I'm going to be there for an entire day we'll do Nachi, but with the Victory itinerary we will have Cheers, so we don't stay at the beach that long. Paradise beach is $3 entry fee but they ask you to spend about $10/pp on food/drink while you're there. The band for the water toys is another $18. I like the chairs that are in the pool at PB, and the food and service has always been great.

I know you stated Mr. Sanchos or Paradise Beach, but, Nachi Cocum in Cozumel has a "sunset" beach pass for those traveling on cruises that get into port late. The pass is good from 12pm-6:30pm. I dont know if this helps, but, its a suggestion. I have never been there personally, but, I have talked to people who have. They have told me it is beautiful there.

Didnt know they had this. Change my vote to this

• 1 month later...
So, Paradise beach we can go to by taxi with NO reservation, correct?

Correct ,you have to pay a fee to enter. Also

Mr. Sanchos ,Nachi Cocum are walking distance apart. I have never prepaid to visit any of these locations.

But they do fill up fairly quick.

Just read in my local Sunday paper (quoting the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel) about a cruise couple who believe they were served tainted or drugged liquor at Nachi Cocum in February.

I had read several reports of tainted booze on the Yucatan mainland last spring and summer, and thought the issue was limited to the Cancun to Playa del Carmen area and actually been resolved. It wasn't pleasant to read their account concerning a favorite cruising spot of mine.

We don't drink, but still.....

Just read in my local Sunday paper (quoting the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel) about a cruise couple who believe they were served tainted or drugged liquor at Nachi Cocum in February.

I had read several reports of tainted booze on the Yucatan mainland last spring and summer, and thought the issue was limited to the Cancun to Playa del Carmen area and actually been resolved. It wasn't pleasant to read their account concerning a favorite cruising spot of mine.

We don't drink, but still.....

Wow

Playa Mia would also be an option. They are an all inclusive as well but offer different levels so you don’t have to pay for open bar for example if you don’t want to drink. Our family enjoys it quite a bit, clean with friendly and attentive staff. Many of these beaches are pretty much identical in the product they offer with different names on the sign. Stand on the beach and one and you can look in either direction and see a couple more with nearly identical setups.