Pre-cruise “purchases”

Gaston123

When I “purchase” wi-fi and a specialty dining package prior to departure, is a payment taken immediately or are these items added to my ship account that I pay later?

I ordered these items two days ago online and I clicked into the “shopping cart” to enter my credit card payment details. I understood that I was making a payment and these items show as “purchases” in my online account, however - no transactions are showing up as authorized or posted to my credit card and also I realize I didn’t receive a receipt of any kind. Also, these items show up on my vacation summary with the amounts showing under “guest total” but don’t it doesnt mention anywhere that these amounts are paid.

Thanks for your help if you can clarify what a pre-cruise purchase really means!?

When I “purchase” wi-fi and a specialty dining package prior to departure, is a payment taken immediately or are these items added to my ship account that I pay later?

I ordered these items two days ago online and I clicked into the “shopping cart” to enter my credit card payment details. I understood that I was making a payment and these items show as “purchases” in my online account, however - no transactions are showing up as authorized or posted to my credit card and also I realize I didn’t receive a receipt of any kind. Also, these items show up on my vacation summary with the amounts showing under “guest total” but don’t it doesnt mention anywhere that these amounts are paid.

Thanks for your help if you can clarify what a pre-cruise purchase really means!?

I think NCL is having some glitches with their system. I also added a dining package a few weeks ago to an account that had already been paid in full. I saw where the charge posted to my credit card and it is showing in my account but I also never received a receipt. Since then there is a random $200+ figure that shows as outstanding in the account that doesn’t match anything but I get a threatening message every time that payment in full is due in 4 days. I’ve called NCL twice and they can’t find that figure in my account anywhere, have provided me with receipts showing the cruise and add ons are paid in full but can’t explain why it’s showing in my account or how to get rid of it. The assure me my cruise will not be canceled. So we will see in a few days.

NCL Dawn - Southern Caribbean 1/2020

NCL Bliss - Alaska 8/2018

NCL Sun - Western Caribbean 3/2015

Costa Carla C - 1983

I don't know where you live but I live in New Zealand. I too was having difficulty paying for OBC, Shore Excursions and Specialty Dining as it "appeared" as if the payment was accepted but nothing appeared on my credit card, one from a Canadian Bank in USD. I finally gave up trying and had someone from NCL in Sydney Australia do what I wanted for me. The OBC was paid for at the time she did it but the Shorex and Dining were just "booked" or "reserved" to go on my folio when I boarded.

NCL Site is useless. I booked on line 3x, without any success for my gratuities and some on board amenities. Each time I got a receipt, but no purchase. I checked my credit card each day but nothing appeared.

Finally, I called NCL and they said 'sometimes' the web site does not work. I think its all the time. Call NCL and book. It is an ongoing problem they refuse to fix.

Finally, I called NCL and they said 'sometimes' the web site does not work. I think its all the time. Call NCL and book. It is an ongoing problem they refuse to fix.

It's the old "Pay Peanuts; Get Monkeys" scenario. As with many of NCL's head office staff NCL does not pay enough to get employees who can do the required job.