Just back from the Meraviglia

cshim

We came back from the Meraviglia cruise from Genoa to Hamburg on Sunday where we were in the Yacht Club. All I can say is that it was an amazing experience and I will be posting a review shortly.

In the meantime, any questions then please ask.

I am very interested in reading your review . We are thinking of sailing on the Meraviglia in the fall when she sails out of New York .

Have you sailed on any other MSC ships , and if so can you include a comparison of the ships in your review please ? Thank you !

We are also very interested in your review.

We recently booked our first MSC cruise after sailing with NCL for many years. We are Plat Plus but not interested in continuing with them after last cruise in Suite.

We have finally had it with their prices and nickel / dime approach during the cruise.

We are sailing in YC also and have heard many good things about it.

Sailing Med from Barcelona next spring.

Did you notice any decorated doors on the ship and did you do any for-fee fitness classes?

Looking forward to the review.

Hi Tina,

Didn't see any decorated doors but I know they had fitness classes such as static cycling and stretching. I'll see if I can dig out the daily planner to see what else there was.

Thank you Chris. No need to pull out the planners just for the classes (although I'd love to see them, I'm getting close and love looking at pages and pages of daily planners), I know they have the class I'm interested in and that there is a fee, but I'm not sure what the fee is.

We came back from the Meraviglia cruise from Genoa to Hamburg on Sunday where we were in the Yacht Club. All I can say is that it was an amazing experience and I will be posting a review shortly.

In the meantime, any questions then please ask.

We’re booked on her Oct 2019 in YC. Our suite is in front and was wondering if there will be an issue with wind. We’re in 15001 Deluxe Suite. Would love to see what it looks like but have been unable to find any postings. Thanks

We’re booked on her Oct 2019 in YC. Our suite is in front and was wondering if there will be an issue with wind. We’re in 15001 Deluxe Suite. Would love to see what it looks like but have been unable to find any postings. Thanks

Looking at the ship I think they may be partially glassed in but I can't say 100%

Thank you Chris. No need to pull out the planners just for the classes (although I'd love to see them, I'm getting close and love looking at pages and pages of daily planners), I know they have the class I'm interested in and that there is a fee, but I'm not sure what the fee is.

The daily planners just say they they offer them for a charge but not what the charge is and as I was too busy eating and drinking I didn't get to go to them :D:D:p

The daily planners just say they they offer them for a charge but not what the charge is and as I was too busy eating and drinking I didn't get to go to them :D:D:p

The charges listed right now are €11. The activities listed are Transform, WAR, Latin Dance, Omnia, and Revolution. A perdoper trainer for Arke is available for €38. hr.

The charges listed right now are €11. The activities listed are Transform, WAR, Latin Dance, Omnia, and Revolution. A perdoper trainer for Arke is available for €38. hr.

Thanks for that. No spinning/cycling then? Besides Latin Dance I haven't heard of any of the classes they're offering.....

I am very interested in reading your review . We are thinking of sailing on the Meraviglia in the fall when she sails out of New York .

Have you sailed on any other MSC ships , and if so can you include a comparison of the ships in your review please ? Thank you !

Here is a link to my review of a 7 night cruise in Meraviglia's Yacht Club

http://www.cruisingmates.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=270&t=12438

I hope if you read it you find it informative

Pete

Thanks for the full review. I like the idea of posting/hosting at tumblr. It gives you the ability to edit and insert as many pictures as you want. I only wonder if there is a way to automatically sort in reverse chronological order.....it's also very interesting to read that you had the butlers unpack your luggage. I remember reading a very opinionated discussion about that here....

Chris, thank you so much for that review - wonderful job with the pics and so much info! I'm debating whether to book Meraviglia or Seaside for 2020 (first world problem) and it's so helpful reading these in depth reviews people take the time to post. :)

Elizabeth

Thanks for the full review. I like the idea of posting/hosting at tumblr. It gives you the ability to edit and insert as many pictures as you want. I only wonder if there is a way to automatically sort in reverse chronological order.....it's also very interesting to read that you had the butlers unpack your luggage. I remember reading a very opinionated discussion about that here....

Thanks. Glad you enjoyed it. Tumblr has a very low barrier to adding and editing posts and it has good apps if you want to add posts on a tablet. I can't see if there is a reverse sort on posts but you can see a summary of all posts on one page by going to https://meravigliayc.tumblr.com/archive - I hope this helps.

I have no qualms about getting my luggage unpacked. The butler actually expected it. I put my smalls in a bag and unpacked those before he unpacked for me,

Chris, thank you so much for that review - wonderful job with the pics and so much info! I'm debating whether to book Meraviglia or Seaside for 2020 (first world problem) and it's so helpful reading these in depth reviews people take the time to post. :)

Elizabeth

I've not done the Seaside so can't compare but the Meraviglia is a nice ship.

Thanks. Glad you enjoyed it. Tumblr has a very low barrier to adding and editing posts and it has good apps if you want to add posts on a tablet. I can't see if there is a reverse sort on posts but you can see a summary of all posts on one page by going to https://meravigliayc.tumblr.com/archive - I hope this helps.

I have no qualms about getting my luggage unpacked. The butler actually expected it. I put my smalls in a bag and unpacked those before he unpacked for me,

If there is no character limit, one way to have everything show up (in order) would be to just make one post and keep editing it and adding to the bottom. I may try this for my live review