Negotiating Specialty Restaurant Pricing

We're going on the 14 night TA on Jewel and are thinking about going to Chops for one night as a special occasion. However, we don't want to pay full price for 2 people since we don't think it's worth it. First night done right is NOT being offered in our Cruise Planner, and I'd prefer to do it later in the cruise when we're tired of the MDR menu. My thinking is that towards the last 9-14 days Chops and Gio's will be needing attendance and would be willing to offer them at a discount. That being said, has anyone had any experience negotiating prices like this for specialty restaurants?

I've read in the past that if you approach someone hawking the specialty restaurants on Day 1, they can ask their superiors if they can offer what I've asked for. Is this true?

Always negotiate specialty dining! They can almost always do 20% off, shoot for 30 or 40 though! Just go and talk to the person at the host stand in the afternoon. If their bookings for that night are slim, they will be ready to make a deal!

We never pay full price and successfully negotiate 50% off. You may have to ask several times and be prepared to go any night as it is usually when they have few bookings they are willing to agree.

I assume there is no negotiating if you buy the dining package?

We've been able to negotiate a dining package on board. Not a huge difference, but some.