Thoughts on MSC

never_cruised

As someone who has cruised previously on RCCL and Disney I'm interested to hear from those who've also cruised with these and with MSC.

1. How is the food on MSC in comparison ?

2. How is the entertainment in comparison ?

3. What's better on MSC ?

4. What's worse ?

5. Any more info you feel worth mentioning.

As someone who has cruised previously on RCCL and Disney I'm interested to hear from those who've also cruised with these and with MSC.

1. How is the food on MSC in comparison ?

2. How is the entertainment in comparison ?

3. What's better on MSC ?

4. What's worse ?

We have sailed both RCCL and Disney as well as Princess and Carnival . MSC is a very different experience .

1. We thought the food was vey good on the Divina . It seems to have a more European flair in the MDR . The buffets are both good, but we feel that Disney sorta caters to the number of children on board , whereas the Divina had a larger variety .

2. This is the biggest difference between the cruise lines. Disney shows are exceptional , however very Disney ! MSC shows are heavy on opera singing, acrobatic performance and don't have much of a plot line but they were very well done . Due to the large number of non English-speaking passengers they do not have a comedy show other than a late night improv show .

3. All the ships we have sailed on were beautiful but MSC wins to the elegance in their decor . Lots of sparkles and mirrors . Stunning !

4. Not a problem for us but many folks do not like the diversity of languages on MSC . We really enjoyed this .

5. We feel MSC wins hands down with ease of embarkation and disembarkation (except at tendering ports!). We also experienced alot less up selling ( staff trying to get you to buy drinks, spa packages , etc) on MSC .

Hope this helps !

We haven't cruised with RCCL yet, but have done eight cruises on DCL. To answer your questions:

1. How is the food on MSC in comparison ? Much better. The pizza, gelato, seafood soup, steaks, and bread are wonderful.

2. How is the entertainment in comparison ? Entertainment is more for adults, and I don't mean an "adult" theme. I became very tired of the Peter Pan/character themed shows on DCL.

3. What's better on MSC ? Our cabin was cleaned quickly and without a lot of conversation, laundry and drink packages surpass any on DCL, range of live music, interesting fellow travelers, better dressed fellow travelers, comfortable public areas, food, families actually doing things together, coffee, and price.

4. What's worse ? DCL starts everything exactly on time, MSC has a more relaxed view towards time.

Well, I have never gone with Disney so I can't really comment apart that, certainly it is perhaps the most kid friendly of the 3!... So I will compare MSC and RC:

First of all let me to give 2 general notes on where I find each company unique in the market:

Oasis class of ships from RC are a marvel of the engineering with no competitors to date! If this is really what you fancy about stick with it!...

MSC Yacht Club experience is sort of a unique product in the market because according to the reports they have no competitors in the market for that price range and quality offered. If a full suite life inside a small area on the ship with just around 200 guests around you and a good crew to guests ratio with personalised service is what you fancy about so try them and I think you'll be more than happy!...

In comparison out of a regular passenger point of view independently of the ship I think that:

MSC is best:

> Bar service.

> Shore excursion management.

> Ship decoration, cleanliness and general security.

> Multi language support (when and for whom applicable).

> Crew discretion and reserved professionalism.

> Less up sell opportunities.

> Photographers.

> MDR management and offerings (by the norm)

> Guest services for simple day to day requests (generally solved faster)

RCI is best:

> Embarkation and debarkation procedures.

> Buffet offerings (by the norm).

> Entertainment (I have only cruised the Oasis class on RC, so may I say: By the exception!)

> Punctuality (by the norm)

> Guest services for complex or difficult resolutions (they better know their product and are far more flexible and autonomous).

Hope to have helped a little bit! have a nice day!