Vegetarians in Barcelona

I am going to be spending a few days in Barcelona with my family to bookend a cruise in August. Both of my daughters are vegetarians (not vegan), but other than that are pretty adventurous eaters. I would love any recommendations (dishes or restaurants) that would give them the opportunity to try some authentic Catalan cuisine.

We were able to explain to the wait staff I was a vegetarian and they made a vegetarian paella. There is a restaurant across the street from Parc Guell with vegetarian paella on the menu.

Just be aware that the Spanish can take a liberal attitude to the definition of vegetarian. Many, for example, would not think of ham as meat!

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

And a so called plain salad often comes with Tuna. In Chinese restaurants here too Mushroom Soup often comes with shredded Chicken.

And a so called plain salad often comes with Tuna. In Chinese restaurants here too Mushroom Soup often comes with shredded Chicken.

Thank you for the information. I figured they might have to stay away from soups too if they can't be sure that a vegetarian stock was used.

My daughters are also vegetarian (not vegan). We've eaten a couple of times in Teresa Carles, which I heartily recommend. We also ate at Vegetalia in Raval (3 locations).

Those are great suggestions. Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Flax and Kale on Career del Tallers

and

Veggie Garden are good options.

Most places we found to be very accommodating if you can get the message across. They do have liberal definitions of vegetarian :)

On Las Ramblas by the market there is a Walk to Wok where they can specify exactly what they would like.

The market is a great place for fresh fruits and veggies.

There is also a Carrefour market on Las Ramblas to pick up snacks etc.

Flax and Kale on Career del Tallers

and

Veggie Garden are good options.

Most places we found to be very accommodating if you can get the message across. They do have liberal definitions of vegetarian :)

On Las Ramblas by the market there is a Walk to Wok where they can specify exactly what they would like.

The market is a great place for fresh fruits and veggies.

There is also a Carrefour market on Las Ramblas to pick up snacks etc.

That gives us a lot of options. Thank you!