HELP! Cancelling the Day Before the Cruise

Although just pulling a no-show is the best for those going on the cruise, I am pretty sure her insurance will treat a no show differently than a cancellation. It could cause her problems to do a no show . And, if the OP has increased costs, her insurance will (should) cover. But, it sounds like there are 4 in the cabin, so the cancellation should not cause an increase in fare for the remaining passengers.

Granted, OP might not be in a mood to do what’s best for the cancelling friend...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Agreed. I don't think travel insurance companies consider just not showing up for a cruise a legit reason for reimbursement. :rolleyes:I do believe you have to actually cancel to have any hope of getting your money back.

Although just pulling a no-show is the best for those going on the cruise, I am pretty sure her insurance will treat a no show differently than a cancellation. It could cause her problems to do a no show . And, if the OP has increased costs, her insurance will (should) cover. But, it sounds like there are 4 in the cabin, so the cancellation should not cause an increase in fare for the remaining passengers.

Granted, OP might not be in a mood to do what’s best for the cancelling friend...

IF it's the cost of the cruise ... most likely ... insurance won't cover it.

The 'friend' won't get any insurance refund because it is less than 48 hours at the time of her deciding to cancel. So, why even bother notifying the cruise line? She (the friend) is up a creek as they say.

IF it's the cost of the cruise ... most likely ... insurance won't cover it.

The 'friend' won't get any insurance refund because it is less than 48 hours at the time of her deciding to cancel. So, why even bother notifying the cruise line? She (the friend) is up a creek as they say.

Is this 48 hour time frame with the cruise line insurance or all insurance policies?

I have bought insurance in the past and was never aware of this.

I don't buy cruise line insurance though.

Bill

I didn't read the whole thread but ... we've had to use the insurance when we had to cancel 4 days prior to the sailing date. We always get insurance. We use a TA for our bookings

1. You have to cancel through Carnival (our TA does that but if you book yourself you call them).

2. They will give you the web info for the 3rd party insurance company. You contact them and they will send/email the claim forms you need.

3. Carnival will refund your taxes and port fees as well as any fun shop or excursions you per-purchaced. (got ours in less than a week).

4. If your reason is covered the 3rd party company will send your refund less the cost of the insurance. (got ours in 2 weeks from the date we mailed it)

5. It was DH that had the medical issue but I was also covered (we bought insurance for both of us)

Is this 48 hour time frame with the cruise line insurance or all insurance policies?

I have bought insurance in the past and was never aware of this.

I don't buy cruise line insurance though.

Bill

I believe the 48 hour deadline (or 72 on some policies) is for “cancel for any reason” coverages. If one has an otherwise covered reason (sudden illness, death in the family, etc.) I don’t think the deadline would eliminate coverage.

I believe the 48 hour deadline (or 72 on some policies) is for “cancel for any reason” coverages. If one has an otherwise covered reason (sudden illness, death in the family, etc.) I don’t think the deadline would eliminate coverage.

Thank you for the clarification.[emoji1]

Bill

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

I hope GeorgiaMomof4 comes back after the cruise to tell us how things shook out. I think it would be helpful to other folks because I know this question pops up time to time.