Courtyard vs Hyatt House

We have 6 adults and 2 children going on a cruise out of Cape Liberty in June. We are flying to EWR and currently have a reservation to stay at the Courtyard in Jersey City-Newport, which was recommended by several people. I now see that I can perhaps stay at the Hyatt House, which also seems to get good ratings on TA. Some will be taking the PATH train to visit NYC during the evening. It seems that both hotels have stations. Hyatt also offers breakfast. The only complaint I see is that some say the Hyatt is "noisy". I would appreciate any information/advice you may have on making a switch of our hotel. Thank you.

We have 6 adults and 2 children going on a cruise out of Cape Liberty in June. We are flying to EWR and currently have a reservation to stay at the Courtyard in Jersey City-Newport, which was recommended by several people. I now see that I can perhaps stay at the Hyatt House, which also seems to get good ratings on TA. Some will be taking the PATH train to visit NYC during the evening. It seems that both hotels have stations. Hyatt also offers breakfast. The only complaint I see is that some say the Hyatt is "noisy". I would appreciate any information/advice you may have on making a switch of our hotel. Thank you.

You've booked 3 rooms, right? What is the cost of the Courtyard versus the cost of the Hyatt House? The Hyatt House is a relatively new offering - not much feedback on it yet. It's a refurbished bank building. If you've picked specific room configurations, I'd call ahead to make sure they allocate the specific kinds of rooms you requested. When we stayed at tge Courtyard, we needed one room with 2 Queens and a sofabed and would have been very upset if that's not what we were allocated.

I believe some of your folks are going into Manhattan for the evening. Where exactly do folks want to go? If you stay at the Courtyard folks will be able to take a train directly to 33rd & 6th (Herald Square) or a train directly to the World Trade Center on a weekday night. The Newport PATH exit is directly next to the Courtyard.

If you stay at Hyatt House, folks will be able to take a PATH train directly to World Trade, but they will have to transfer trains at Newport or Grove St to go to 33rd & 6th. The Exchange Place PATH Station is about 2 blocks from the Hyatt House.

The noise could be from the light rail which runs on Hudson St. next to the Hyatt. The light rail diesel not run in front of the Courtyard and PATH is buried underground.

I don't know why, but I just found a rate for the Westin-Newport that is lower than the Courtyard and includes breakfast. I think I will jump on that. Some of our people will go in to visit the 9/11 Memorial and my wife and I will enjoy a nice quiet cocktail and dinner, as this is her birthday trip. Thanks for writing back.

I don't know why, but I just found a rate for the Westin-Newport that is lower than the Courtyard and includes breakfast. I think I will jump on that. Some of our people will go in to visit the 9/11 Memorial and my wife and I will enjoy a nice quiet cocktail and dinner, as this is her birthday trip. Thanks for writing back.

The Westin Newport will be very nice. They are supposed to have some sort of public area on the top floor with views. It's just two blocks on a major street to the Newport PATH and the Newport Mall is next door. The waterfront Boardwalk should be right there. I'd go for it!

I prefer the Newport area to the Exchange Place area.