Booking star class suite online?

I have wondered the same thing. I see lots of Star Class suites when I am looking at cruises, but whey you select one it says they are not available. Why show them if you can't book one?

Cannot seem to find any availability when looking online. Do you actually have to call to see availability/pricing? I looked at multiple itineraries .

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Which cabin are you looking for and how many guests are you searching for. This makes a difference in what cabins you will see.

When I was looking to book cruise in August on the Oasis, we were looking to book the Star Loft suite. On Royal Caribbean's site, it said not available. We found it on Costco. We then called Royal Caribbean and they booked it for us. I would try them to see availability.

I've also had the same issue. I usually leave a pretty wide range for dates and ships and sometimes all it shows is a Jr. Suite and we're waaaaay out for a date that usually doesn't sell out immediately. But if I go to a travel agent site I can find plenty of suites.

Also this isn't even consistent. I can get ONLY Jr Suites today and I try tomorrow and have a plethora of suites to select from. Or perhaps it's a "society of suites"?

Anthem, Oasis, Harmony, Symphony all show Star Class availability for sailings Nov 23 or 24, 2019...

you have to make sure you pick nonrefundable deposit to see any suites.

Yes, good point. Nonrefundable....

I have had the same problem several times when trying to book Star suites. I would choose it on RCL website and it would invariably say not available, but when I called my TA, voila, it was available. Not sure why it happens, but it does.

We too would find that either it would say not available when selecting a star class suite in the choices or it wouldn't even show any as choices no matter what date we looked at. There was some difference in the options when choosing refundable versus non refundable but neither gave the chance to actually book anything or see all options. I inquired on an RCL facebook group and travel agents in that group said they could easily see suites available to book on dates that my searches didn't show any availability.

I then inquired to RCL's Facebook page directly and was told that to book any of the higher end suites, you have to call and book over the phone. They hold them out of the booking engine for the average website visitor. When you call, they release it into the booking engine just long enough to book it for you and then they yank it back out of the system. We booked a suite that could sleep 8 people despite there being only 2 of us so I made sure to ask if we could have been bumped. They said no chance of that because once it's booked by anyone, it's taken out of the system. Once we called back in January for the suite we just sailed in last week, the rep had 2 itineraries available to choose from that never came up as options when we looked at the same dates online.

I booked last week through RCL's web-site for a 2019 anthem sailing in a Grand Loft (Star class). Lots to choose from in that category but I was interested in the Owner's Loft. It would show up as an option until you clicked on it, at that point it would say not available. Just had a feeling that either there was a glitch on their web-site or they were intentionally holding back that room. Sure enough today when I had time I went on an on-line TA and the Owner's Loft was available for our sailing! I called RC and had booking moved to that room with no issues.

I don't know why this happens but it does. I have decided next time I will probably use a TA - my husband just prefers more control and doing it ourselves, but I've had it with their web-site!