Does anyone else think the "FunShops" are terrible???

I always dash into the ship store at the beginning of a cruise and hope that things have changed and I can find some thing different to buy at a fair price. I find nothing and so I go on another day and then another day after that. Still nothing. I guess it is because the ship has a captive audience with no real competition on the ship and don't forget about the duty free aspect. So don't expect change. Then with storage restrictions for store inventory, they are rather limited to what they can sell. Hence, $1,000 pearls for $999 but duty free.

Oh well. There are always the port stores where it is nearly the same situation although on occasion, you do find that rare bargain ($1,000 pearls for $975 but duty free).

Don't have a problem with them. Our family doesn't go on a cruise to shop, not sure why anyone would.

You may have misread the original post. I don't "cruise to shop". It adds to the occasion. There are several things to do during a cruise. People obsess about shopping in port. Maybe you haven't yet been on a cruise???

Not a fan of advertising for a company for free...so I don't wear or buy "logo" stuff!

Never understood this line of thinking. Do you avoid all clothes that have a brand name listed on them?

I agree with many of the posts here. I don't go on my cruise to shop. However, I want to like the fun shops more. They are missing something....

I wish they’d stop having a Caribbean Shopping Talk on the West Coast. Umm, we’re going to the Mexican Riviera. How hard is it to change the title on the flyer?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I wish they’d stop having a Caribbean Shopping Talk on the West Coast. Umm, we’re going to the Mexican Riviera. How hard is it to change the title on the flyer?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wow are they still doing that? Last September JH said he would put a stop to that

You may have misread the original post. I don't "cruise to shop". It adds to the occasion. There are several things to do during a cruise. People obsess about shopping in port. Maybe you haven't yet been on a cruise???

Maybe you misread my post.