Amsterdam overnight - but is it really just one evening and one day?

N924 and N929 (Ventura - 7 nights, August/October 2019) both include an overnight in Amsterdam but it seems impossible to tell just what that means in terms of time in Amsterdam.

I suspect it means a late afternoon arrival on day one, and a 2am departure (or thereabouts) on day three - so in reality an evening and a full day/evening.

What I'm really looking for is two full days - is there any way of finding out with any reasonable certainty the actual times of arrival and departure please?

N924 and N929 (Ventura - 7 nights, August/October 2019) both include an overnight in Amsterdam but it seems impossible to tell just what that means in terms of time in Amsterdam.

I suspect it means a late afternoon arrival on day one, and a 2am departure (or thereabouts) on day three - so in reality an evening and a full day/evening.

What I'm really looking for is two full days - is there any way of finding out with any reasonable certainty the actual times of arrival and departure please?

If you look at this link, it will give you the port times. It looks as though you arrive 08.00 one day and leave 17.00 the next. Hope that helps

http://www.cruisecal.com/portal/ItineraryPrint/tabid/2919/Default.aspx?sailID=CarnUK/N924

Edited by kruzseeka

On both these cruises, according to the P&O website, you dock in the early morning on Day 3 and set sail in the afternoon of Day 4...

AMSTERDAM, NETHERLANDS

ARRIVE EARLY MORNING – OVERNIGHT STAY - DEPART AFTERNOON

Thanks, guys - that's really helpful information. Had a feeling there was a site such as cruisecal but had no idea it was so detailed. Does it tend to be reliable?

In my experience - yes although there can always be changes due to unforeseen circumstances but generally the arrival and departure times are as scheduled. It's also useful to see how many other ships are in port and their arrival times so you get an idea of pressure on local transport etc. Sometimes the other ships in port isn't always accurate - there may be an extra one not listed but generally I find it a useful guide.

We were on Ventura last year and stayed overnight in Amsterdam. Can't remember exact times but recall having one full day, overnight stay and leaving the next morning.

The ship docked near the city so a DIY explore on your own is an option. We however chose to book an excursion organised by P&O.

There is always a chance that due to bad weather, arrival time could change. Note that the ship needs to go along a canal, locks etc. to get to the port.

Last year we arrivéd early morning we were off ship by 9, but we did leave about 11 next morning so not much chance of doing anything on day 2 but you do get all night to do stuff. ;););) Ps. If you plan on doing Anne franks house book online before going and not through p&o if you can and save ££££££££

Last year we arrivéd early morning we were off ship by 9, but we did leave about 11 next morning so not much chance of doing anything on day 2 but you do get all night to do stuff. ;););) Ps. If you plan on doing Anne franks house book online before going and not through p&o if you can and save ££££££££

This is true but even if you book through P&O it is worth it. We went a few years back and were able to by-pass the HUGE queue because we were on an excursion.

This is true but even if you book through P&O it is worth it. We went a few years back and were able to by-pass the HUGE queue because we were on an excursion.

Booking online you get a set time so no qeueuing either

• 7 months later...
35 minutes ago, docco said:

I wonder if P&O will be tempted to cut down the time spent in Amsterdam by the new Tourist Tax (8 euros per person, per day, a day being 24 hours or a part of it).

I sincerely hope not.  Amsterdam is a beautiful city, but it needs time to fully appreciate it.

Then going on any cruise does not seem the best option. If you want time there just go and stay for 3/4 days. It’s not far away.

On 5/5/2018 at 10:44 PM, docco said:

Thanks, guys - that's really helpful information. Had a feeling there was a site such as cruisecal but had no idea it was so detailed. Does it tend to be reliable?

The same times are given on the official port site for Amsterdam - which you can find here: https://www.ptamsterdam.nl/en/cruises-portal#calendar-sea-cruise