Recommendation for Patrick Watts Tours, Falkland Islands

Dr.Dobro

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Did Patrick Watts tour on the Falklands in Feb 2024.  Volunteer Point was spectacular.  We were fortunate that we had exceptionally good weather.  We were 4 people in a 4x4 plus the driver, who was very nice and helpful.  Half of the ride was off road and bit bumpy but not terrible.  We had about 1 1/2 -2 hours to see the penguins.  Thousands to see.  They provided a light lunch and pictures on a flash drive.   The price was significantly less than the cruise ship excursion.  I would not hesitate to recommend Patrick Watts tour.  I was able to contact them via Whatsapp.  

• 1 month later...
On 4/28/2023 at 11:28 AM, Rondo said:

Shuan must be popular, as I did not get booked with him as he is full for the date I needed.😐He did give me two other possibilities, but have not heard back from them. I am afraid I might have to settle for a lesser tour on Viator. Seems like Volunteer Point tours are sold out for Jan. 11.

You should keep checking in with them. Beg to go on the waitlist. The other couple in our vehicle said they were about to book about 1 month before our cruise after being told they were sold out. It's likely someone cancelled and they just happened to be next in line. It was quite an experience. I was wearing an apple watch and I clocked in 16,000 steps while riding in the vehicle on the way to Volunteer Point.

23 hours ago, kathynorth said:

I was wearing an apple watch and I clocked in 16,000 steps while riding in the vehicle on the way to Volunteer Point.

That's funny!  It was quite a bumpy ride, but no worse then most amusement park rides, although much longer.  I would also highly recommend Patrick Watts tours which we used last month.  It was a very memorable experience, and much cheaper than the cruise ship's tour.