EOS cabins 9690, 9390, 8690, and 8390??

Do these cabins have a slliding glass door to the balcony? I don't want to book a cabin that has the solid door with only a round window. I can't remember which ship I was on that I could see over to the corner balcony and noted that the door was solid, not glass. I've been in aft cabins in Vision, Voyager and Radiance class ships. So please help me with which class has these solid doors!

If you mean the Explorer, then these cabins do not have a sliding door. They have the regular swinging door with a large porthole for a window.

Here are some pictures I posted of 9390 on the Mariner.

[ATTACH]14839[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]14840[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]14841[/ATTACH]

No solid door for us on the Explorer. We had 8690 in October 2004 and while it didn't have a sliding door, I was pleasantly surprised to find a clear glass door and the large window. I guess you could call it a porthole technically but it was large enough to sit in. We got lots of light in our cabin. We were very pleased.

Hi!

We were just on Explorer last week and had cabin number 8390. It was an aft cabin that overlooked the back af the ship as well as the side clearly. You could even lean over to see the other side, so you basically had a view of everthing except the front of the ship. The balcony was absolutely

H-U-G-E!!! We had 2 lounge chairs, 2 regular chairs and a small table out there. We had Christmas morning with 5 people on the balcony and it was fantastic! Ordered a lot of breakfast to the room and ate out there as well.

The door was a large swinging door that we easily propped open to let in a wonderful breeze. We did not have a window. I am guessing it is because that room has a 3rd bed that folds down.

If you have a choice of booking that room, I would do it again in a hearbeat! There was no traffic (obviously!) and once you took the short walk to the rear elevators, everthing was right there. Up for Windjammer, the pool deck, etc. and down for the dining rooms, Palace theater, etc.

Happy Cruising!

Suze, thanks for the description. We have 8390 booked for our June '06 vacation. How was the cabin size? There will be 3 of us, 2 adults and a 12 year old DD and I was thinking about upgrading. However, I realy did not want to give up my aft balcony. LOL:D

Lucy..

We had the same...my husband, me and a 13 year old daughter. The room seemed a bit narrow, but I wouldn't have traded it and risked loosing that balcony! All of the suitcases fit under the bed and there were plenty of hangers, so clothes weren't a problem.There is a small sofa in there too. The one thing we felt short on was counter space in the room, so getting dressed, etc. was a bit tricky.The hairdryer is built into a drawer at the desk, so that had to be done in the room and not the bathroom. My husband usually went first and then met us at dinner...you know how long us girls can take!! The 3rd bed folds out right above the head area of the bed, so it is plenty out of the way during the day.

Let me know if you have any more questions...

Suzy

Suze, thanks so much for your detailed post about 8390, I've been trying hard to find someone who has had this cabin. We have it booked because we really wanted an Aft cabin, but now I have second thoughts on the door because last time we had a sliding glass door. How did the door prop open? Could you see clearly down below and on each side of the cabin?

Thanks soooo much for your help! :)

I’m curious about propping the door, also, since we’re booked in 9390 next Feb on Mariner and will also have the swing door. Did you need bungee cords, or was a chair (even with no one sitting in it) enough to hold it open?

Suze, thanks so much for your detailed post about 8390, I've been trying hard to find someone who has had this cabin. We have it booked because we really wanted an Aft cabin, but now I have second thoughts on the door because last time we had a sliding glass door. How did the door prop open? Could you see clearly down below and on each side of the cabin?

Thanks soooo much for your help! :)

Hi!

We were able to easily prop the door open with a small table that was on the balcony. It actually "clicked" a little when you opened it all the way, so we had no problems at all. We loved the fresh air so much, we even slept with it open on several nights and it was wonderful!!

As far as seeing clearly down, you had an awesome view off the back of the ship (obviously!!) and since the balcony was curved, you could see clearly to the left and most of to the right. You did look down onto the very back of deck 5, but we figured out it was a section for the crew and there was very rarely anyone down there.

I can guarantee you will love this balcony and if you are like us, will spend quite a bit of time out there. With having all of the room, my daughter and I were able to sun bathe out there and read without all of the people....really nice! After the first day, we started putting our breakfast room service card out every night so that we could enjoy breakfast each morning outside as well!!

Enjoy!!

Sunshine...

It was mostly sun towards the middle/ end of our cruise. The first few days were a bit overcast/rainy. I know when we ate breakfast on the balcony as well as when we lounged in the afternoons, we needed sunglasses and it was really nice.

Suz

• 3 weeks later...

Archived