VeniceLink Shared Shuttle to Cruise ship pier?

mygreyhound66

Greetings, I have been searching to no avail! we are arriving into Venice late september and plan to take the shared water taxi shuttle to our hotel - our drop off point will be San Stae stop. I saw from a trip report recently that another poster did this very successfully (plus I have contacted the VeniceLink company to indeed confirm that they would drop us at San Stae).

So my question now is, has anyone used VeniceLink to go from a designated stop, ie San Stae to the cruise ship pier? and if so, how was your experience? would you recommend this method of transportation?

There seems to be rather a lack of references/experiences with the VeniceLink shared shuttle water taxi. So I would appreciate any and all feedback!

I haven’t used VeniceLink, but have used Alilaguna boats to get from Marco Polo airport into Venice. These are the water shuttle boats that go from the airport into Venice. We were staying on the Lido. We found it OK to use. You have to walk down a footpath to the boat harbour, and it’s well marked. You can easily get on the boats. They were not too busy when we were there.

You don’t have to use VeniceLink, you can book direct with Alilaguna here https://www.alilaguna.it/en. There are 3 lines, Red, Blue & Orange. If you need to get to San Stae, then you will need the Orange Line.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Most cruise ships leave from an area adjacent to piazalle roma and the Santa Lucia train station. Can't say whether you can use VeniceLink the way you want to get to the cruise terminals from a given location/vapo stop in Venice. We suggest just taking the appropriate vaporetto back towards SL/Ferrovia. You have two choices: get off at SL/Ferrovia and walk to the far left of the station as you look at it and you will see a footbridge over the canal to the edge of the large outdoor parking lot - walk through it to the back right and you will start seeing signs for People Mover; or you can go one more stop on your Vapo, go under the highway, to that parking lot - again back right look for people mover signs. Cost is 1.5 E - easy to use ticket machines. Get off at first stop Marritima - yes there will be a little walking once off the people mover. If your boat leaves from San Basilio terminal, that's in a different location but still very accessible by vaporetto. We had to go to San Basilio so we simply had to transfer to a different vaporetto line at Santa Lucia stop. Check the signboards on the vapo floating piers there - there are about four different vaporetto piers in that general vicinity. The maps for the vaporetto lines easy to find on internet.