Princess Rail Seating Question

Pixiedust28

Hi everyone! My mother and I will be travelling on the train after our land tour next summer to meet the ship in Whittier and I have some questions. How likely are we to get seating in the domed Princess cars? Are there enough seats for everyone or is it a mad dash to get those prime seats? Are any seats reserved? Does it matter what type of stateroom you are staying in to get better train seating (we will be in a vista suite)? We are doing the Denali Explorer cruisetour. Thanks in advance!

Hi everyone! My mother and I will be travelling on the train after our land tour next summer to meet the ship in Whittier and I have some questions. How likely are we to get seating in the domed Princess cars? Are there enough seats for everyone or is it a mad dash to get those prime seats? Are any seats reserved? Does it matter what type of stateroom you are staying in to get better train seating (we will be in a vista suite)? We are doing the Denali Explorer cruisetour. Thanks in advance!

We did this in 2010. Everyone had tickets that showed which train car you were on and your seat number. There were 4 seats at each table so 2 faced toward the front of the car and two faced toward the rear. I am guessing that the same process is used now

My experience was a 9 hour nightmare seated backwards sliding around on the slippery bench type seats in an Alaska RR dining car that was packed to the brim. I will never do Princess train again unless it is guaranteed to be in a domed car. My recommendation is for you to find out FOR SURE what you will have. I was totally blindsided as I expected the domed car from previous experience. Nothing like the domed car, FANTASTIC, really!!!!