Summit Bermuda Cruise

tonyd285

Overall, I agree with you... but on that particular cruise the water WAS bad. I couldn't drink it, either, without feeling "off". If you've ever had soda from a "gun" in a bar or restaurant after they cleaned the system but didn't flush it properly, you know what we're talking about. Only this was 10 times worse.

I'm very glad to hear that the issue seems to have been resolved!!

I believe that the water was bad. We just got off Summit on Sunday and we had plenty of plumbing problems with our stateroom bathroom. The ship really needs an total overhaul This is the 4th stateroom (on 4 separate Summit cruises) we have had either water leaking in our bathroom or toilet problems. The only time I drank any of the ship's water was in the MDR at dinner and while it wasn't horrible it did have an off taste to it, especially after drinking only bottled water for the majority of the cruise. So glad we had the Classic Beverage Package.

We are on the June17 sailing. When I log in to manage my reservation should I see posted somewhere that we have the Classic Drink Package? I do not see it indicated anywhere. I want to be sure they have it right.

Thanks.

It will not show when you log in. You should request a final invoice and it will all be listed there, including your on-board credit. Go Best should look something like this:

Package Price will show first then the individual charges and credits are listed again separately but zero each other out as shown below:

Gratuities

Gratuities Credit: YIK7-PROMO3T

Beverage Charge: YEB9-BEVPRINGRAT

Beverage Credit: YEB8-PROMO2P

Wifi Charge: YFT9-WIFI 7N

Wifi Credit: YFU1-PROMO4UW7N

On-board credit is listed in a separate box below that and will also show when you access Cruise Planner.

Hope this helps.

I believe that the water was bad. We just got off Summit on Sunday and we had plenty of plumbing problems with our stateroom bathroom. The ship really needs an total overhaul This is the 4th stateroom (on 4 separate Summit cruises) we have had either water leaking in our bathroom or toilet problems. The only time I drank any of the ship's water was in the MDR at dinner and while it wasn't horrible it did have an off taste to it, especially after drinking only bottled water for the majority of the cruise. So glad we had the Classic Beverage Package.

We just got off B2B on Summit yesterday. The first week the water did smell bad in the restaurant and also in the Aqua Café. I could not drink it, not because it tasted bad but because of the smell.

However, you'll be happy to hear that the second week the water problem just went away and hopefully they did something to fix what was wrong but I would say there was definitely off with the water on our first week (13 May) of the cruise.

We just got off B2B on Summit yesterday. The first week the water did smell bad in the restaurant and also in the Aqua Café. I could not drink it, not because it tasted bad but because of the smell.

However, you'll be happy to hear that the second week the water problem just went away and hopefully they did something to fix what was wrong but I would say there was definitely off with the water on our first week (13 May) of the cruise.

Glad to hear the water seems to be resolved. We leave next week....and I'm a big water drinker.

Thanks for the report. Glad I wasn't the only one who felt the water tasted off on May 13th cruise.

Looks like there was definitely something off with my sentence. I was supposed to write that there was definitely something off with the water the first week.

Was there any problem getting on the ferry to St George on Wed? Or was it the ferry to Hamilton that was so crowded?

We had no problem getting on the ferry to St. George but there was a very long line and we found out that they changed the time. It used to be in the mornings at 9;30 and 11:00 but now the second morning ferry is leaving at 11;30 so we thought we would miss the reenactment in St. George but they changed the time last week for the activity to 12:30 so we saw the entire reenactment. We got on the 11:30 ferry.

The Hamilton ferry was fine also. We went the week before but coming back everyone had to wait at the end of the pier in Hamilton instead of where they normally pick you up (where the benches are). I don't know why but we took the Bermudian back instead of the normal ferry which is much larger. Some people sat in the park and waited because the ferry was late also.

We had no problem getting on the ferry to St. George but there was a very long line and we found out that they changed the time. It used to be in the mornings at 9;30 and 11:00 but now the second morning ferry is leaving at 11;30

The ferry times to St. George have been 9:30 am and 11:30 am for as long as I can remember and we have sailed to Bermuda every year for the past 6 years. I believe they have changed the times to Hamilton. This year they left at 11:15 am instead of 11:30 am.

The ferry times to St. George have been 9:30 am and 11:30 am for as long as I can remember and we have sailed to Bermuda every year for the past 6 years. I believe they have changed the times to Hamilton. This year they left at 11:15 am instead of 11:30 am.

That's what the staff at the ferry dock told us also. However, I know when we went last year we took an 11:00 ferry to St. George and got there just in time for the reenactment which had started at noon. Maybe that was a special time change for the ferry when we were there last year.

• 2 months later...
Tried the water the first sailing date (5/20/18).. No smell but the taste of metal was obviously present. Tried water 2nd day, same thing, Had drink package so drank bottled water balance of the week.

We are just off the Summit and was pleasantly surprised how good the water tasted...bernadette

Sent from my iPhone using Forums