Question on Mendenhall Glacier Explorer excursion

thank you for sharing this. a $4 round trip sure beats the shuttle buses which are now charging $45! (which is the same price as princess is charging).

Yes, I noticed that the price for the shuttle buses had increased to $45. That's one of the reasons we decided just to take the transit bus this time.

I suppose they show more of the galley on the paid tour but since a galley tour is free, why pay for something that's already included?

When you take the free galley tour you usually need binoculars to actually see any food being prepared.

Yes, I noticed that the price for the shuttle buses had increased to $45. That's one of the reasons we decided just to take the transit bus this time.

That was a motivation for us too but I also like the add'l walking involved. I eat so much on the cruise, that I work as much activity into every day so I don't gain weight. It's been very successful in the past. Seven cruises down and probably have netted at least a pound or two down, with my method. I have a desk job and am fortunate enough to work part-time (I count these last 10 years my pre-retirement years), so when we go on vacations, it's always go, go, go for us! Which is why I haven't gained any weight on my cruises and probably lost a few over the years. So looking forward to Alaska!!! We're down to the teens and counting!!!

I did the Princess excursion to the Glacier only once & wished I had more time. I felt rushed.

I have used the private shuttles but only buy a ticket one way. That way you can take any shuttle back. Yes, they drop you right off at the park.

I also bought tickets for the salmon bake directly from the company & it is a great experience with all the grilled salmon you want plus an excellent buffet. You can stay as long as you like & the shuttle will drop you off right in town.

Tom😎

I did the Princess excursion to the Glacier only once & wished I had more time. I felt rushed.

I have used the private shuttles but only buy a ticket one way. That way you can take any shuttle back. Yes, they drop you right off at the park.

I also bought tickets for the salmon bake directly from the company & it is a great experience with all the grilled salmon you want plus an excellent buffet. You can stay as long as you like & the shuttle will drop you off right in town.

Tom😎

That was what I was afraid of, feeling rushed to get back on the tour bus but wishing I could stay a little why longer. I've already investigated how I can just leave Mendenhall and go onto my next tour. Probably will be packing some snacks from the boat and then skipping the trip back to the boat from Mendenhall, as my next tour is not too far from the glacier, so we'll be taking a cab.

I am interested in the salmon bake, so will have to see if I can fit that in later in the day. Glad to hear it was a good excursion and I love salmon to boot!