Prague classical concerts

clcmdse

This is a question about the Prague classical concerts. We will be staying in Prague post river cruise. for a few days. The last time I was there was 1998. I remember very fondly how the churches opened their doors to the most beautiful classical and baroque concerts. We would just walk in that evening and pay at the door. My question is whether I need to secure tickets in advance. There are several websites that sell them. But I was not sure if we need to get them ahead of time.

Catherine

I was last in Prague five years ago and very much enjoyed the church concerts. I attended several, both noon-hour and late afternoon or early evening. I found no need to buy in advance. The thing I liked about these concerts was the varied repertoire, unlike concerts in many other cities where it seems that the only works on offer are The Four Seasons, Eine Kleine Nachtmusik and the like.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This is a question about the Prague classical concerts. We will be staying in Prague post river cruise. for a few days. The last time I was there was 1998. I remember very fondly how the churches opened their doors to the most beautiful classical and baroque concerts. We would just walk in that evening and pay at the door. My question is whether I need to secure tickets in advance. There are several websites that sell them. But I was not sure if we need to get them ahead of time.

Catherine

The art nouveau Smetana Hall is also a great place to attend a concert. The architecture is amazing, as are the acoustics.

I recall when we were there two years ago that St. Nicholas church was having concerts. I thought you could get the tickets at the door but not 100% sure about that.

Church on Tyn also has them: https://www.pragueexperience.com/opera-concerts/opera-concerts.asp

Thank you so much. We spoke about nabbing St Nicholas tix online before we head over.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Catherine, if you are a real classical music junkie, you could conceivably go to 6 or more concerts in one day in Prague! Even at night you could go to a 6 pm recital in a church and make an 8 or 9 pm opera! Speaking of opera, don’t miss the ESTATES THEATRE where Mozart conducted the world premiere of Don Giovanni. It’s one of the most stunning historical and plush opera houses you will ever see.

Sent from my iPad using Forums