Fitness center on Summit?

HardyVA

We have been on Summit several times and have always been impressed with the Fitness Center (gym) on Summit. Just wondering if anyone who's sailed on Summit recently has any comments? Hoping that there aren't any issues as my husband is a real gym rat and that would ruin the cruise for him totally.

We sailed Summit in January and used the fitness center. I was impressed with the quality and newness of the cardio equipment, the cleanliness of the facilities, the amenities (towels, antibacterial wipes, water), and the fact that there weren't too many people using them. They have weight machines, but I don't remember free weights.

I sailed on Summit earlier this month and made use of the gym most days. The treadmills seem new and are in great condition--very comfortable for running. There are quite a few weight machines. The free weight section is very small and felt crowded if there were three or more people in it but had a good selection of different weight sizes. No barbells. There is plenty or room to do body weight exercises, stretch, etc. on the main studio floor. Zumba, yoga, and spin classes are offered for $11 per class, I believe.

We have been on Summit several times and have always been impressed with the Fitness Center (gym) on Summit. Just wondering if anyone who's sailed on Summit recently has any comments? Hoping that there aren't any issues as my husband is a real gym rat and that would ruin the cruise for him totally.

Was at the gym in april 14th and 21st sailing everyday using the treadmills and elliptical and everything was working fine. I run on the treadmill and at no time did I experience anything like the feeling that the belt was breaking...etc... I will note that the 3 treadmills starting from the left are in kilometers rather than miles for the non US guests that are used to the metric system so those were usually open. I went at 6am, 11am to noon on sea days or at 5-6pm and always found a piece of equipment to use. I found going during 2 or 3pm for weights was better as it was less crowded.