Anybody with a picture of Obstructed Oceanview on Sapphire??

basher83

Does anyody have a picture of, or know where I can get a picture of an obstructed oeanview on Sapphire? Just curious what "obstructed" might look like- because that's what i just booked! Thanks :)

We had E624 and it was wonderful. There was extra space between the window and the head of the bed. I'm not sure how to downsize my photos so I couldn't attach the photos of the room here.

You can see the tender right outside, but you get light during the day. The key is the location of the cabin, and not whether it was inside or outside. At the time we booked this room, obstructed outside was the same price as an inside room, so we went for it, especially where this particular cabin is located.

Because we had small children who go to the kids' club and like to snack throughout the day, the proximity to the AFT elevator was important. This cabin was forward of the AFT elevators, so we didn't feel any vibrations at all. And on the Emerald deck, we are only 1 floor up from the Promenade deck (where all the action is), so it was beyond convenient.

On the port day in Mazatlan, the crew took down the tender for a wash, so we got a good view of that port. I had wished that they would choose to use this tender for Cabo, but instead, the ship chose to hire some local boats for tendering, rather than using all their lifeboats for tendering. So our lifeboat stayed put.

I am also "in between" life boats--- so I'm curious what kind of view I will have! Obstructed oceanview was same price as inside as well-- so I thought we'd try it out! We're emerald 508 which is almost mid- ship- very close to elevators and stairs. We thought that was a good spot. Anyhow.... would love to see pictures but I wouldn't know how to tell you to shrink them down.

It has been over a year but we were in an obstructed view cabin , I think it was E702, and we had a great view , the lifeboats were below our cabin window so we could see out perfectly, just couldn't see straight down. We really liked it. We have been on the Sea Princess before with obstructed view and we had a life boat right in front of the window, little or no view, but it was nice to have natural daylight coming in. Good Luck , the Sapphire is a beautiful ship , you will have a grand time.

Cori

This picture is from Island Princess cabin but it might give you somewhat of an idea anyway.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/94777489/94777489zWVduf

This is a picture of the side of the Sapphire. You can see the lifeboats as well as some the cabin windows on the same deck.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/382415486/382415486bbAccs

Does anyody have a picture of, or know where I can get a picture of an obstructed oeanview on Sapphire? Just curious what "obstructed" might look like- because that's what i just booked! Thanks :)

We had an obstructed view on the Grand Princess which is a sister to Sapphire Princess.

Our obstructed view, which is what most of the obstructred views are on the Emeral Deck, was over the top of the lifeboats. Here is a photo I took at Fort Lauderdale:

DSC05474small.jpg.ecd3d2241a98054a28d5c52cfb8ee71a.jpg

We are booked in cabin C109 on the Sapphire Princess. Anyone know what our obstruction might be in this cabin? As far as we can tell it's a pole?

Looking at my photos of sister Grand Princess, it looks like the obstruction is probably the diagonal arm that supports the Bridge above.

Also looks like there is no balcony since C109 is designated Oceanview (with obstructed view).

DSC05639small.jpg.fb65445ea1d5cb75682d23e3e187bb4b.jpg

Merela: We are also in E624 in March on the Sapphire. Can you elaborate or possibly send me some photos via e-mail?

Thanks!

I pulled some photos I have of the room. You can see the window in the background and get an idea of how "obstructed" it is.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/merelacruise/album?.dir=/6da6&.src=ph

HTH.

Thanks everybody for all of the pictures. Between all of them I think I have a good idea what my room might look like! We've always had an inside cabin just because we aren't in the room that often- but it looks like it might be nice to have some natural light in the room. Anyhow-- the photos were much appreciated!

Ashley :)

Archived