Difference between Amerisuites and Embassy Suites?

phabric

Has anybody been to both of these hotels and can compare them. There will be 5 adults in our party and to save costs would like to pay for only 1 room. I know both have a free breakfast. The Embassy has a free reception in the evenings. Is one better over than the other. Do they have airport shuttles.

I know where the small shopping plaza is on 17th St. Where are these hotels located to the plaza. Will we be able to walk to get the water taxi.

Embassy Suites vs Amerisuites, the differances are like night & day. Embassy Suites is a higher end property with a beautiful atrium, full cooked to order breakfast, nightly managers cocktail party. Amerisuites is a room. Hyatt recently purchased Amerisuites so you can expect the chain to be brought up to a comparable standard. ;)

Embassy Suites is rated a bit higher than the AmeriSuites.

You can see a map of the area along with both of these hotels from my signature.

Hi there.

I'm DYING to see your map, kiddo. Could you try to fix your link? Thanks:)

Has anybody been to both of these hotels and can compare them. There will be 5 adults in our party and to save costs would like to pay for only 1 room. I know both have a free breakfast. The Embassy has a free reception in the evenings. Is one better over than the other. Do they have airport shuttles.

I know where the small shopping plaza is on 17th St. Where are these hotels located to the plaza. Will we be able to walk to get the water taxi.

No contest... AmeriSuites is a BUDGET hotel, Embassy Suites is a very nice hotel!

As for location, they're just across the street from each other and there 3 LARGE strip malls, and SEVERAL smaller strip malls along SE 17th Street, they're both within easy walking distance of ALL of them. Everything you could possibly want is right there.

We have stayed at Embassy Suites in the past and it is lovely. But, we will be staying at Amerisuites for one night for our January cruise. We don't expect it to be as nice, but who cares all we need is a clean place to rest our heads. The question is, is it worth it to you to spend so much more to stay one night at the Embassy suites.

NoNoNanette,

It never occured to me that there'd be a website www.hotelsbythepier.com
If you have a suggestion for another name we'll consider it ;)

zookepr0,

Hey thanks for the map web site.
Glad you like it :)

TrentS,

It seems to be missing several good hotels, , and lists some that are horrible dumps...
The maps are not intended to be an endorsement of any of the hotels listed, but rather a research tool for users to get an idea of where properties are located relative to the pier. Links to reviews are provided for each property so that users can make an informed decision if a specific hotel is suitable for their needs.

If you (or anyone else) has information or hotels that should be added to the maps, we would be happy to add them and welcome your input.

Archived